Long-awaited details regarding BioWare's upcoming epic action-RPG Mass Effect have come to light, revealing the much-anticipated "partial nudity" to be a boob.
According to a rating classification published by the British Board of Film Classification, the game contains "moderate violence and one sex scene." The sex scene is described as brief and undetailed, but the rating goes on to say, "There is breast nudity in one version of the scene."
The "one version" qualifier refers to the different approaches the player can take to reach the scene, which is triggered if the player chooses to become "more than friends" with an in-game colleague. "If playing as a male character the scene can take place between him and a human woman or a humanoid female alien," the rating says. "If playing as a female character the scene can take place between her and a male human or a female humanoid alien."
Apparently, alien lesbian sex is all good in the United Kingdom, where the game has been rated "12" under the BBFC Guidelines. The rating means the game is suitable for purchase and play by anyone 12 years of age or older. In North America, the Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated the game M (Mature), meaning it is only suitable for purchase by gamers aged 17 or older.
Along with the briefly exposed breast, the game also contains the use of the word "bastard," and at least one aggressive use of the word "bitch." The work as submitted to the BBFC for review had a running time of 69 minutes.
sauce
Brit censors are cool with 12YOs watching alien lesbian sex
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Good for them. It's a computer game. A rating of 17 or older just adds to the weight that America (or at least American censorship board) is so conservative they still think it's the 1900s.
Oh a boob like that's going to scar them for life. Isn't brief nudity allowed in a 12 rated film? I'm sure swearing is.
I would guess the sex is so obviously fake and it's between a clearly fantasy character anyway. Good on them I say. These are little babies we're talking about but 12 year olds.
I've not seen the game but would guess a 17 rated is ridiculously high. I presume the Computer Game censorship board is made up of the same people behind the MPAA? People who're all fundamentalist Christians.
Oh a boob like that's going to scar them for life. Isn't brief nudity allowed in a 12 rated film? I'm sure swearing is.
I would guess the sex is so obviously fake and it's between a clearly fantasy character anyway. Good on them I say. These are little babies we're talking about but 12 year olds.
I've not seen the game but would guess a 17 rated is ridiculously high. I presume the Computer Game censorship board is made up of the same people behind the MPAA? People who're all fundamentalist Christians.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Nah, ESRB is GAMES INDUSTRY regulated.bradavon wrote: I presume the Computer Game censorship board is made up of the same people behind the MPAA? People who're all fundamentalist Christians.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESRB
This is nothing and can not be in any way compared to Manhunt. Batman is an interactive snuff film with no redeeming features at all.slasher13 wrote:Bloody hell, Manhunt 2 (Which now the uncensored version has been leaked on torrent and other p2p) has problems, and this is flown through.
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Batman!?EvaUnit02 wrote:This is nothing and can not be in any way compared to Manhunt. Batman is an interactive snuff film with no redeeming features at all.slasher13 wrote:Bloody hell, Manhunt 2 (Which now the uncensored version has been leaked on torrent and other p2p) has problems, and this is flown through.
Anyway? What's wrong with 12 year olds watching a lesbian make-out scene!?
Kids see men and women making out all the time on TV. So what if it's girl-on-girl action, or even guy-on-guy action!?
It wont scar them for life. If it does, then their upbringing is to blame. Not a videogame.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
slasher13
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1799
- Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
LOL!!, Well "Batman" has got a redeeming feature, how many different ways you can kill off NPCEvaUnit02 wrote:This is nothing and can not be in any way compared to Manhunt. Batman is an interactive snuff film with no redeeming features at all.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
For some reason I've never managed to work out many people believe violence won't scar them but sexual activity will.Yi-Long wrote:It wont scar them for life. If it does, then their upbringing is to blame. Not a videogame.
I remember with fondness the days of Mortal Kombat and Duke Nukem 3D which had loads of tits if you knew where to look