Hi,
My LCD doesn't support 1:1 pixel mapping AFAIK. Is there any way to get software-based 4:3 pillarboxing with the Nvidia Forceware drivers or something?
My screen is a Samsung 226BW, my vid card is a NV7900GS running Forceware v94.24. OS is XP x64.
Thanks in advance.
4:3 pillarboxing with LCD lacking 1:1 pixel mapping?
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
The problem is in getting it to maintain the aspect ratio once you've set it to a 4:3/5:4 resolution. Before I enabled the scaling 4:3 resolutions were horizontally stretched to 16:10.bradavon wrote:This is probably a really stupid question but to get 4:3 pillar boxing on a WS monitor can't you just choose the highest 4:3 aspect ratio the monitor/graphics card support, no?
Last edited by EvaUnit02 on 21 May 2007, 12:33, edited 2 times in total.
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
ATI doesn't support pillarboxing at the moment.
Well... they do but it doesn't really work yet.
If you want black bars on the sides, you need either:
-an NVidia GFX card.
-an HP widescreen monitor (they're rubbish, but they support hardware pillarboxing).
Just FYI.
Well... they do but it doesn't really work yet.
If you want black bars on the sides, you need either:
-an NVidia GFX card.
-an HP widescreen monitor (they're rubbish, but they support hardware pillarboxing).
Just FYI.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Oh yeah I forgot about that. I'd like to do this to for testing web pages. I have a Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 but when I choose a 4:3 aspect ratio it stretches it to 16:10.
What do I need to overcome this? I have the latest drivers from Toshiba, if I install the "apparently" one-for-all Nvidia ones they fall over saying something like no supported card found (despite the 7300 being in the list on the website).
I don't have anything like the option above. I guess it's because I'm running Vista and the drives are a bit basic, so I'm stuffed. I couldn't it on my old XP PC either (same monitor) but that had an ATI card which would explain that too.
All I can literally adjust is: Desktop colours, Rotation (what a useless function) and enabling/disabling multi-monitors. That's it. Oh and some 3D features too.
What do I need to overcome this? I have the latest drivers from Toshiba, if I install the "apparently" one-for-all Nvidia ones they fall over saying something like no supported card found (despite the 7300 being in the list on the website).
I don't have anything like the option above. I guess it's because I'm running Vista and the drives are a bit basic, so I'm stuffed. I couldn't it on my old XP PC either (same monitor) but that had an ATI card which would explain that too.
All I can literally adjust is: Desktop colours, Rotation (what a useless function) and enabling/disabling multi-monitors. That's it. Oh and some 3D features too.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Can you get third party drivers to force 4:3 Pillar boxing?
I wouldn't need it very often but considering you need to design websites for 4:3 it would be useful to test when I make website changes.
Microsoft Expression Web (and the older FrontPage) do offer some attempt at emulating a 4:3 ratio but it doesn't get it quite correct when checking the site on my Dad's 4:3 LCD.
I wouldn't need it very often but considering you need to design websites for 4:3 it would be useful to test when I make website changes.
Microsoft Expression Web (and the older FrontPage) do offer some attempt at emulating a 4:3 ratio but it doesn't get it quite correct when checking the site on my Dad's 4:3 LCD.
