A HD version of Super Street Fighter 2 is coming!

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

A HD version of Super Street Fighter 2 is coming!

Post by Yi-Long »

Awesome news. It will have all new updated HD graphics, but the same old gameplay!
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager ... Id=3158732
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

WOW nice.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Niggah please, Melty Blood is the best 2D fighting game around regardless of graphics.

I hate Xbox Live Arcade, Virtual Console and the PS3 equivalent. They're totally plagued by DRM. My friend's Xbox 360 packed up (which is a common occurence with 360s), so he had go through all this song and dance with Microsoft to get new Achievement points to repurchase his XBLA games.
gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

Post by gojensen »

Erm, PS-store is not hooked to your box, but rather your account. If the PS3 barfs, you get a new one, authorizes the new system (which invalidates the old) and simply redownload or restore a backup. No problem.

I'm more concerned with the Wii, which seems to only be connected to the box (like Xbox? Wouldn't it be natural for the xbox to hook onto your Live-account?)
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Grrr DRM in any form is evil, a waste of time in that it doesn't remotely stop bootleggers and only people who're bloody paying in the first place and is such a major hassle.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Er wheres the footage? I see nothing at all.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

gojensen wrote:I'm more concerned with the Wii, which seems to only be connected to the box (like Xbox? Wouldn't it be natural for the xbox to hook onto your Live-account?)
The Wii works in the same way as the PS3 - your downloads are not locked to the machine, but the registered account.

As for 360s packing up, yep, they definitely have a much higher fault rate than any of the others. My 360 got part-ex'd towards the PS3 for precisely this reason; I lost count of the number of times I got a boot-up error, and I thought I'd get rid of it whilst the return was good.
A computer doing that is one thing; a console locking up 20% of the times it gets turned on (I shit you not) is unacceptable.
Image
gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

Post by gojensen »

Kurgan wrote:
gojensen wrote:I'm more concerned with the Wii, which seems to only be connected to the box (like Xbox? Wouldn't it be natural for the xbox to hook onto your Live-account?)
The Wii works in the same way as the PS3 - your downloads are not locked to the machine, but the registered account.
What? I can't remember entering any account details when visiting the store or during any kind of setup on the kid's Wii... must double check...
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

Post by gojensen »

bradavon wrote:Grrr DRM in any form is evil, a waste of time in that it doesn't remotely stop bootleggers and only people who're bloody paying in the first place and is such a major hassle.
What DRM? Sure there's DRM on downloadable games that you buy from the PSStore, but it doesn't stop you from using the content you've bought as you can only use it on the PS3 anyways... I'd guess the same goes for the Wii Virtual Console (though I've not used that to any extent...)
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

gojensen wrote:What? I can't remember entering any account details when visiting the store or during any kind of setup on the kid's Wii... must double check...
It's tied to your Nintendo VIP account, so there's a tracking system there.
Image
gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

Post by gojensen »

Never heard of a Nintendo VIP thingamajingy... :-/
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Inside the games you buy for the Wii (or the DS, or the GBA for that matter) there's a little scratch-card thing. The number that is revealed gives you these online points which you can trade in for stuff (and eventually can be used to purchase Wii points.)
Image
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799
Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15

Post by slasher13 »

Steering back to what Yi-Long had written, I err downloaded one comic of Street Fighter, where the artwork is going to be used by, and got to say that artwork it excellent, very beautiful. Def going to check that out on Amazon
EvaUnit02 wrote:Niggah please, Melty Blood is the best 2D fighting game around regardless of graphics.
I was quite partial to Waku Waku 7 and Last Blade series myself. There are what I think is the best 2d fighting game, Alway play them on emu