Older versions of WMP on Vista

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Older versions of WMP on Vista

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Before my Vista installation died I tried to install the 2k/XP version of WMP9 from oldversion.com and it wouldn't let me. You might've luck with other versions like WMP6.4, best of luck to you.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Thanks for the heads up. That's a shame what went wrong?

I'm not entirely surprised as WMP7 through to 11 are all based on the same code base but WMP6.4 is entirely different so I suspect (hope) that will work.

If not I'll use MPC but do prefer WMP6.4, it's just so simple and does everything I need from a video player. It's useless for playing music though.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote:Thanks for the heads up. That's a shame what went wrong?
One of my guesses maybe that WMP11 is tailored for all the super DRM in Vista, letting older WMP versions might create holes in the DRM armour.