Page 1 of 1
Casino Royale BD - £13.89
Posted: 11 Feb 2007, 15:11
by bradavon
http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7001000131846
Seems good value for those of you who have a Blu-Ray player.
Posted: 11 Feb 2007, 15:45
by saltysam
good price but as i've a usa ps3 i'd have to get the american version. if i liked Bond. i don't and won't be getting this but it's a bargain for sure 8)
Posted: 11 Feb 2007, 17:27
by bradavon
Why? Casino Royale is Region Free:
http://www.thedvdforums.com/forums/show ... p?t=463481
Aren't all BDs region free? Didn't you like CR Salty?
Posted: 11 Feb 2007, 18:32
by gasteropod
No, only some BDs are region-free, and I doubt they'll keep that up for long either.
Posted: 11 Feb 2007, 18:44
by bradavon
Do you have a list? Which region of A-B-C does Europe belong?
I'm sure someone will bring out a multi-region chip for BD.
Posted: 11 Feb 2007, 19:13
by gasteropod
Europe = B.
Posted: 12 Feb 2007, 17:09
by saltysam
This is free to the first 500,000 people who register their PS3 with Sony. I've applied but may not qualify due to having a usa PS3.
Posted: 08 Mar 2007, 18:04
by KevD
Now only £11.95 @ BlahDVD here:
http://www.blahdvd.com/blah/BD_Product. ... BR43508-Y7
Im sure there is a Blah £2 off voucher floating around, so possibly £9.95!!

Posted: 08 Mar 2007, 18:07
by grim_tales
Welcome to BnB KevD

Posted: 08 Mar 2007, 20:22
by romerojpg
Under 12 quid for a BR dvd! jesus thats amzing! and welcome KevD

Posted: 08 Mar 2007, 21:31
by saltysam
without being cynical just like spider-man 2 on the psp there's going to be shitloads of this disc going cheap in a couple of weeks once the ps3 hits the uk.This is probably reflected in Blah's price.
Posted: 18 Mar 2007, 14:23
by bradavon
Still at £11.95 (Blah vouchers are only really for new customers) it's a bargain. I'll double dip to an HD version for sure.
Posted: 18 Mar 2007, 14:51
by Cooey
If this is anything like it's US counterpart then it will be very very very nice!
Posted: 18 Mar 2007, 17:16
by romerojpg
But cut to hell haha..
scary Cooey posting on here after soo long. mods ehh

Posted: 18 Mar 2007, 18:04
by bradavon
I wouldn't say it's cut to hell, just cut. Besides there is as yet only one cut so it's a moot point. I'd get it if I had BD straight away.
Posted: 18 Mar 2007, 18:07
by romerojpg
I mean cut to hell as in the Region 1 version which Cooey was talkin about
Its still unconfirmed if the UK dvd is cut or not even, as no one seems to have it.
Posted: 18 Mar 2007, 18:47
by Cooey
romerojpg wrote:I mean cut to hell as in the Region 1 version which Cooey was talkin about
Its still unconfirmed if the UK dvd is cut or not even, as no one seems to have it.
The US BR runs for the same amount of time as stated on the BBFC website (144m 7s), so I can only assume that the US BR is uncut, whereas the US DVD is cut
Posted: 18 Mar 2007, 18:57
by romerojpg
Asuming isnt fact sadly, the only way is to go thru it and look for them cut scenes, they would be crazy to release a normal dvd cut to hell, and the BR dvd uncut, its crazy

but then ratings and cuts are crazy.
Posted: 18 Mar 2007, 19:13
by grim_tales
Cooey wrote:romerojpg wrote:I mean cut to hell as in the Region 1 version which Cooey was talkin about
Its still unconfirmed if the UK dvd is cut or not even, as no one seems to have it.
The US BR runs for the same amount of time as stated on the BBFC website (144m 7s), so I can only assume that the US BR is uncut, whereas the US DVD is cut
What are you judging that against? Film or DVD?
Remember the UK cinema version is cut

Posted: 18 Mar 2007, 22:20
by bradavon
So the USA DVD is a different cut to the UK cinema and Region 3 DVD is that what you're saying? I've been out of the loop for 3 weeks remember.
I thought it was 99% confirmed all were the same cut, no?
Posted: 18 Mar 2007, 23:11
by romerojpg
Yup theres 3 cuts, UK, USA and Region 3 Hong Kong

the Region 3 HK is the fullest and the director says its the best version
But come monday when the UK dvd is out people may expand on this situation with more detailed comparisons, then add in the HD versions too later on as its not 100% sure what cuts are on them around the woprld haha silly confusing dvd makers

Posted: 19 Mar 2007, 00:38
by bradavon
Cool. Any source links? So how much is cut from the USA then UK versions?
I presume all the changes take place in the bondage, er torture scene?

. I've not checked my R3 tbh it doesn't bother me like you guys. The R3 also has DTS, and is even R1 dual encoded so no reason to even consider the R1 (unless you want Spanish subs).
I'm sure the BD versions will match their DVDs versions (i.e - USA DVD to USA BD).
Cheers btw.