* King Kong: 3 Disc Extended SE (before postage) £8.97: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000H5V90S
* Blade Runner: DC Remastered (before postage) £3.97: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000G7P5NO
* About a Boy (before postage) £3.97: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000CQKYL2
I'm really interested in KK but can't find squat to bump it to £15. Any ideas?
I'd get Blade Runner too but need £12.94 together is about £2 too short. I can't find anything else remotely worth getting. Being honest I'd prefer something else than Blade Runner (come next year I'll only need to get rid of it).
I'm not interested at £10.21 just before Christmas when it's about £12.99 from CD WOW (£14.99 before vouchers and using one of my last £1 codes).
King Kong SE (2005) / Blade Runner Remastered - Dead Cheap!
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
King Kong SE (2005) / Blade Runner Remastered - Dead Cheap!
Last edited by bradavon on 29 Dec 2006, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
The classic Amazon problem. You find one cheap item but can't find anything else worth having to take advantage of free delivery. Priscilla is only a fiver if you don't have it. Or take a look through the £1 Penguin and Wordsworth classics, I usually get a few of those to top up an order.
Shame on you for includinig the dvdforums codes, can't stand minor forums profiteering.
Shame on you for includinig the dvdforums codes, can't stand minor forums profiteering.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Tell me about it, this happens far too often.
Annoyingly I only the other week placed an Amazon order for Xmas books coming to over £20 and have only just shipped today (they better get here in time!). It was too late to add this to the order and besides that would've only delayed it further.
I even went through the first 25 pages of their "so called" DVD sale after giving up (it's how I found About a Boy, which I already have).
Usually I just lump it and pay the postage but I'm not interested at £10.21 (I will be after Xmas but it's too risky this side).
Is The DVD Forums minor? I did think about not including it as the mods have really pissed me off in the past but someone may as well get the cash.
I visit there and at the end of the day did find out about 2 of the 3 offers above through The DVD Forums.
p.s - Thanks for the heads up I'll check the books section. How do you find the relevant section btw?
Annoyingly I only the other week placed an Amazon order for Xmas books coming to over £20 and have only just shipped today (they better get here in time!). It was too late to add this to the order and besides that would've only delayed it further.
I even went through the first 25 pages of their "so called" DVD sale after giving up (it's how I found About a Boy, which I already have).
Usually I just lump it and pay the postage but I'm not interested at £10.21 (I will be after Xmas but it's too risky this side).
Is The DVD Forums minor? I did think about not including it as the mods have really pissed me off in the past but someone may as well get the cash.
I visit there and at the end of the day did find out about 2 of the 3 offers above through The DVD Forums.
p.s - Thanks for the heads up I'll check the books section. How do you find the relevant section btw?
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
I rarely ever buy from them. Pricing isn't competitive, you have to pay delivery on small purchases and they're slow to get anything sent out.
Just search for wordsworth classics or penguin classics. They both have cheaper lines. Looks like prices have actually gone up though, used to be able to find them for around the £1 mark, £1.99 now. Still well cheap esepcially for massive things like War and Peace.
I suppose it's not minor but it's not large enough to warrant a lot of the BS and it's getting smaller and smaller. They don't even host it in the UK despite the amount of profit they make, it's in a really cheap Texas datacentre. The Import Forums is worse though, I could host that site for £5 a year. Just think of how many people spent massive amounts at YesAsia, sometimes several hundred per order. They get 10% of that.
Just search for wordsworth classics or penguin classics. They both have cheaper lines. Looks like prices have actually gone up though, used to be able to find them for around the £1 mark, £1.99 now. Still well cheap esepcially for massive things like War and Peace.
I suppose it's not minor but it's not large enough to warrant a lot of the BS and it's getting smaller and smaller. They don't even host it in the UK despite the amount of profit they make, it's in a really cheap Texas datacentre. The Import Forums is worse though, I could host that site for £5 a year. Just think of how many people spent massive amounts at YesAsia, sometimes several hundred per order. They get 10% of that.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Slow they take bloody forever. I really hope my books for Xmas arrived in time, despite giving them TWO weeks. I wish I'd cancelled now and gone elsewhere.
I barely ever use them too. So many silly people do though because either A: it's all they know, B: out of some odd loyaltly or C: they have an account (so).
Thanks for the heads up again on the books.
I bet it's stacks, even if part of it goes back into the site.
How much do you get from a CD WOW order? Generally speaking that is.
I barely ever use them too. So many silly people do though because either A: it's all they know, B: out of some odd loyaltly or C: they have an account (so).
Thanks for the heads up again on the books.
Yeah it's not as good as it used to be. I won't go into my opinions on the mods again but do find the bargains forum useful (if not as good as it use to be).Lourdes wrote:I suppose it's not minor but it's not large enough to warrant a lot of the BS and it's getting smaller and smaller.
LOL Really, how do you know this? Still the speed is fine so it doesn't really matter. How much profit do they make?Lourdes wrote:They don't even host it in the UK despite the amount of profit they make, it's in a really cheap Texas datacentre.
I bet it's stacks, even if part of it goes back into the site.
10% crikey I never knew it was that hight. It's no wonder the DVD Forums mods get all irate when you forget.Lourdes wrote:Just think of how many people spent massive amounts at YesAsia, sometimes several hundred per order. They get 10% of that.
How much do you get from a CD WOW order? Generally speaking that is.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
A simple tracert shows the server is at ThePlanet in Dallas, Texas. I've had many servers there over the years.
THey have special relationships with CD-Wow and a lot of other retailers to make quite a bit more than the standard rates. From most places they're going to be getting 10% minimum. And you need only look at the number of views topics in the bargain forum get to realise it's a fair old amount. Not to mention the adverts and forum sponsors. There is of course DVDTimes too along with other sites that are covered with ads and links, I think most reviewers work for free to boot but we'd have to ask Shing.
THey have special relationships with CD-Wow and a lot of other retailers to make quite a bit more than the standard rates. From most places they're going to be getting 10% minimum. And you need only look at the number of views topics in the bargain forum get to realise it's a fair old amount. Not to mention the adverts and forum sponsors. There is of course DVDTimes too along with other sites that are covered with ads and links, I think most reviewers work for free to boot but we'd have to ask Shing.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
In the end I went for King Kong: SE and The Flower of my Secret (Pedro Almoldovar) for £15.97 delivered.
I wouldn't object generally speaking as someone may as well get the cash but when the sites are run so oddly at times I'm not sure I want to give my cash to them. It's not like they'll disappear if I don't help them.
The exception being the DVD Times/DVD Forums CD WOW £1 codes where I get something out of those. I use the DVD Times one myself.
I've had a re-think and you're right.Lourdes wrote:Shame on you for includinig the dvdforums codes, can't stand minor forums profiteering.
I wouldn't object generally speaking as someone may as well get the cash but when the sites are run so oddly at times I'm not sure I want to give my cash to them. It's not like they'll disappear if I don't help them.
The exception being the DVD Times/DVD Forums CD WOW £1 codes where I get something out of those. I use the DVD Times one myself.