Page 1 of 1

R2UK Sam Peckinpah Westerns 6 discer 4 film boxset - £14.99!

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 12:35
by EvaUnit02
HOLY SHIT! BARGAIN OF THE CENTURY!
R2UK Warner Sam Peckinpah Westerns boxset - £8.99 from HMV!!!!!!

6DVD Box Set - Contains:

* The Wild Bunch - 2DVD Special Edition
* Pat Garret & Billy The Kid - 2DVD Special Edition
* Ballad Of Cable Hogue
* Ride The High Country

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 12:48
by grim_tales
Damn, I already have Wild Bunch.

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 13:08
by EvaUnit02
grim_tales wrote:Damn, I already have Wild Bunch.
Ebay it FTW!

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 13:14
by grim_tales
FTW?

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 13:20
by EvaUnit02
For The Win!

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 13:21
by grim_tales
:D

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 18:30
by bradavon
This BTW is part of HMV's deal of the day so will change tomorrow at 3pm, as it has done for every other deal.

It's a 24 hour offer from 3pm to 3pm.

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 22:45
by Lourdes
bradavon wrote:This BTW is part of HMV's deal of the day so will change tomorrow at 3pm, as it has done for every other deal.

It's a 24 hour offer from 3pm to 3pm.
They change it a little after 09:00 and today's was the last day I believe.

---

Ordered this. Wasn't going to having not seen the films but I saw how cheap it was and 11% Quidco...

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 22:52
by bradavon
Really. It was definitely 3 to 3 originally.

So Deal of the Day is now over? :(

I wasn't going to get the Pekinpah box set (I've bought enough) but really should upgrade my Wild Bunch Flipper. I've not seen the film hence I was holding off but that price is excellent.

Pekinpah is good director too, so why not.

For those who don't know: "Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid" has been cut by the BBFC (animal cruelty).

Posted: 20 Dec 2006, 23:21
by Lourdes
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid 12s 18 cert 116:26s 1973 US film by Sam Peckinpah.

Same cuts for cinema and video version:

* 2 shots of a cockfigh
* a horse falling headfirst have been removed.
* use of live chickens for target practise (apparently goaded into action by spraying lighter fuel in their faces)

Version currently being shown on TNT seems uncut

Posted: 21 Dec 2006, 03:49
by EvaUnit02
bradavon wrote:Pekinpah is good director too, so why not.
No, he is an EXCELLENT director.

Posted: 21 Dec 2006, 10:47
by bradavon
I've only seen Straw Dogs AFAIK.

Posted: 21 Dec 2006, 12:22
by EvaUnit02
bradavon wrote:I've only seen Straw Dogs AFAIK.
Haven't you also seen The Getaway (original with Steve McQueen)? Peckinpah directed that.

Posted: 21 Dec 2006, 18:38
by bradavon
Oh yes sorry that's good too, it's been yonks since I've seen it though.

Posted: 21 Dec 2006, 19:17
by grim_tales
It is £14.99 now. Still a good price for 6 movies.