Page 1 of 1

Samurai Monogatari - DVD

Posted: 25 Nov 2004, 15:54
by ghevans
Hi guys,

Shameless self-advertising here but I've finally gotten round to putting up a sales page for the samurai film - all details relating to the dvd are on the page - please note the disclaimer about the fact that the dvd is a dvd-r and the plea to make sure your dvd can play it.

I'm distributing this independently so refunding and re-shipping is likely to cripple me, so please be sure before you buy.

I have an initial pressing of 25 copies ready for dispatch (just testing the waters before i start buying all the materials in bulk).

Thanks,
G.

http://www.randomfilms.co.uk/shop/samurai
http://www.randomfilms.co.uk/samurai - official film site

Posted: 25 Nov 2004, 16:56
by BiscLimpkit
I have a few questions:

What's the overall running time?

Where did you find your actors?

Will you submit this to film festivals? :sweat:

Posted: 25 Nov 2004, 17:07
by ghevans
Film lasts 21 minutes.

Found the actors through a friend of mine who was teaching me Japanese - they were students at a local university.

It was shown in the Cardiff Screen Festival 2003, and as a result of it will now be broadcast on S4C Digital - however the broadcast will be with Welsh Subtitles only (it's a Welsh language channel).

Posted: 25 Nov 2004, 17:28
by romerojpg
At last :) I dont have paypal mind you :(

but nice to see your finally finished it , hope you have good luck with it.

Posted: 25 Nov 2004, 21:59
by BiscLimpkit
Ok Ghevans, I'll nochex ya.

Maybe one day, you'll be famous and this title will appear on your imdb filmography... hundreds of fans will be after it since it'll be uber rare perhaps. ;)

Posted: 25 Nov 2004, 22:18
by ghevans
Nice one Bisc - i'll get the dvd out to you as soon as its ready - naturally you'll get an email confirmation of dispatch.

Romero - if you dont have paypal there's always nochex or a personal cheque if you prefer :D

Posted: 25 Nov 2004, 23:56
by BiscLimpkit
Cool man, Samurai ga suki desu. Domo arigato gozimashita. :unsure:

Posted: 26 Nov 2004, 07:41
by ghevans
Doitashimashite. Eiga o tanoshinde kudasai. :D

Posted: 27 Nov 2004, 00:16
by romerojpg
Bet your excited finally releasing your masterpiece :)

Posted: 27 Nov 2004, 02:40
by ghevans
I'll be honest - im both excited and scared. After all this is sort of the true test of the film - fans of the genre! There's the worry that it's gonna get torn apart, or the hope that it gets well recieved.

But either way - its the nature of being a filmmaker - not everyone is going to like what you make - if some connect to your message and enjoy what you do its a privilige.

Posted: 27 Nov 2004, 15:50
by BiscLimpkit
Do you think that you'll be making feature length productions in the forseeable future?

Posted: 27 Nov 2004, 16:01
by ghevans
I've got two lined up for next year - both will be low budget projects though until we can get funding to start moving onto bigger projects.

I'm due to have a meeting in Tokyo soon about another feature film project that we're hoping to make but again we're waiting on a grant in order to cover the trip out there. It's the most frustrating, yet essential, parts of film - reliance on other peoples decisions.

As for the two low budget features we want to do - one will hopefully start shooting in April through May. And the other in September through to October.

I'm hoping to get the April one edited in time for the Cardiff Screen Festival next november.