Page 1 of 1

Metropolis (1927) - new 2 disc SE

Posted: 06 Nov 2004, 10:02
by grim_tales
Hey,

I found this on Debate - there will be a new 2 disc SE of Fritz Lang's "Metropolis" released by Eureka next year. How this improves (feature wise) on the current SE I dont know, this one has more extras, apparently with "German intertitles never before seen in the UK or US" and an audio commentary with a film historian (in German or English).

[url=http://www.dvddebate.com/modules.php?na ... =0&thold=0]Here[/url]

Brad have you seen this? I'm interested in checking it out. :)

Posted: 06 Nov 2004, 13:35
by bradavon
[quote][i]Originally posted by grim_tales[/i]
Brad have you seen this? I'm interested in checking it out. :) [/quote]
Here is what I said on DVD Debate:

"Are these the only "new" extras?:

* German intertitles never before seen in the UK or USA
* The original 1927 music score
* New 28 page book to accompany the discs

Wouldn't the intertitles be in German? I'd love to hear the original score though.

Still those 3 aren't enough to warrant an upgrade on the already excellent 2 disc release."

I paid £9.99 for it a while ago (I have Fritz Lang's M to) but haven't got around to watching it.

Posted: 06 Nov 2004, 14:05
by grim_tales
I thought Fritz Lang's M was really good (rented it a while ago) - had astonishing power and a subject which is still relevant today in the media (paedophile/child killer). Actually rather creepy in its' own way IMO.
I'll never listen to "Hall Of the Mountain King" again ;)