Page 25 of 45
Posted: 25 Jan 2007, 01:39
by Markgway
Yes, I ordered it.
I had a £2 voucher in my inbox so it cost only £3.49.
I have the UK DVD - but I never liked the 5.1 remix.
Was just waiting for the chance to upgrade on the cheap.
Posted: 25 Jan 2007, 20:19
by bradavon
Good work Mr. Mark. It's a shame Warehouse stock doesn't work on Voucher Links but thankfully Stock items do.
I asked CD WOW why The Prestige R3 isn't found when searching yet I know they have it and while it's nothing we didn't know already I thought their answer was refreshingly honest:
"Yup, afraid to say, the sad truth is – our search engine sucks.
We are doing our best to improve it but it is a long, slow tedious process, and one I’m not directly involved in, having minimal IT skills
. I have to answer 20 odd emails a day from people simply failing on the search engine, and the only way I can help is to go through the back end.
Not much more I can do, I’m afraid, but feel free to contact me directly if there’s something you can’t find.
James"
I've dealt with James a few times. He's always been really helpful, it was he who told me CD WOW have no Korean supplier.
Posted: 25 Jan 2007, 21:59
by Markgway
I got my CD-Wow e-mail from a bloke called Mark (no, I wasn't sending it to myself!) and he was very polite too. How do you tell the diff between stock and warehouse btw?
Posted: 26 Jan 2007, 12:12
by EvaUnit02
Markgway wrote:I got my CD-Wow e-mail from a bloke called Mark (no, I wasn't sending it to myself!) and he was very polite too. How do you tell the diff between stock and warehouse btw?
Stock stuff is labelled eg "DVD Region 1". Warehouse stuff is labelled eg "2 - Europe/Japan".
Posted: 26 Jan 2007, 19:37
by bradavon
That and:
1. When you order it may say despatched in X days whereas stock items are always in stock (well they should be)
2. It may have a release date when it's actually been released.
3. The price isn't the usual XX.99/XX.49/XX.95. In other words it's a strange value.
4. Voucher links won't work on it but do Stock items.
It's only been around for about 8-12 months.
This is fine but it can get confusing when they list the same film but one is Stock and one Warehouse, it can be hard to tell which is which as they often use the same cover art BUT the DVD may in fact be another region.
I believe CD WOW did it to offer more titles than they can physically stock.
Posted: 26 Jan 2007, 22:59
by Markgway
Right. I think it said "Ships within 7 days".
Posted: 29 Jan 2007, 00:34
by EvaUnit02
R2UK Manhunter 2-discer
- $7.95 @ cd-wow.us w/ link/voucher combo.
- £4.99 w/ link/voucher combo
Includes Mann commentary that's otherwise only available on the barebones R1 DC remaster.
Posted: 29 Jan 2007, 21:06
by bradavon
Thanks Eva. It looks like the price has gone back up :-(
Unless it's one of those with a link that isn't found during the search???
Posted: 29 Jan 2007, 22:15
by saltysam
Posted: 30 Jan 2007, 01:34
by Markgway
Bah. I wanna order PEKING OPERA BLUES from CD-WOW but it's £8.99 - a quid more than usual (they've also mis-advertised/price THE BIG HEAT).
Anyway to get more than £2 off?
Posted: 30 Jan 2007, 03:42
by bradavon
£6.99 is hardly an expensive price you tight git
Seriously wrong thread:
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... 3053#73053
Posted: 30 Jan 2007, 04:12
by Markgway
Yeah, but all the previous releases were £7.99.
It's the principle.
Posted: 30 Jan 2007, 18:45
by bradavon
True but £1 wouldn't put me off getting it.
For those who were wondering:
"From: cdwow.com
Sent: 30 January 2007 05:30
Subject: RE: CD WOW! DVD Query - Babel R3
We will no doubt be stocking HD-DVD/Blu-ray in the future, but for the time being we are not selling them. No real news on the issue right now."
Posted: 24 Mar 2007, 17:34
by romerojpg
DEVILMAN the HK dvd is only $3 with links and vouchers

bargain for £1.50, its an ok film, if a little silly on the CGI front. Worth £1.50 thats for sure.
Posted: 19 Apr 2007, 22:59
by bradavon
Withnail and I: 3 Disc UK R2 SE - £6.99 before vouchers:
http://www.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2. ... de=1935700
It's well worth it for such a great and witty film. Both 5.1 soundtracks are completely screwed but thankfully the DD2.0 is fine.
Posted: 27 Apr 2007, 18:45
by romerojpg
Mmmm the American CDWOW site now says this at the top!
This site can only be used for purchases made from the United States or Canada.
Posted: 27 Apr 2007, 18:54
by bradavon
Well if you'd post in the correct thread (why do you find this so hard?) you'd already know this, posted back in March by Mark, 3 pages back and in fact even replied to by you

. Did you need to make it so obvious too.
Like most of the other CD WOW T&Cs they follow it with a pinch of salt.
p.s - Thanks for trying though

Posted: 27 Apr 2007, 19:19
by romerojpg
Its said it on links and vouchers, this is on the main page.
Posted: 27 Apr 2007, 22:02
by bradavon
The last time I check this is not a bargain, enough said

Posted: 16 May 2007, 18:12
by romerojpg
CLINT EASTWOOD BOX SET
Flags Of Our Fathers/Letters From Iwo Jima Region 3, 3 dvd edtion.
Just paid a little over
£6 for it, BARGAIN!!!! use the links and get that price down! Starngely I had it even lower, no idea why! something to do with AOL brower I think, it was $1 lower than normal, then PC crashed after inslal and lost it

still £6.50ish for 2 brand new films is a god damn godsent!

Posted: 16 May 2007, 19:33
by bradavon
I was tempted by that:
1. It's an HD release for me (i.e - I can wait for the HD)
2. I'd prefer the 2 Disc SE versions of both, Letters From Iwo Jima (arguably the better of the two) is only the 1 disc version.
Thanks though Mr. JPG.
Posted: 16 May 2007, 21:33
by romerojpg
3 Quid a film, I aint seen either so its a no brainer for me

I couldnt care less about the extras to be honest, if I want extras I would go for the 12 quid mega set on 5 dvds

double the price, tonnes more extras.
I wont think about this on HD until I have seen it, but I dont expect either films to be mindblowing for some reason. I hope I am suprised

Posted: 16 May 2007, 22:46
by bradavon
You can get the 5 Discer for £12, which region and where? I don't hugely care about the extras too tbh but do care about having to buy it again.
If it was a foreign language film and a non-Western release I'd probably pick it up as those are coming out way to slowly on HD.
Posted: 19 May 2007, 15:26
by romerojpg
It was the Region 1, via CDWOW inks etc.. but strangley its different now and seems to not go below $50! for me

the price doesnt seem to go that low at all for me now, the vouchers and links are going crazy latley, very inconsistent. Even The standard Region 3 set is now a lower price, odd. Somethings up, with my PC, or the site
I did just get
DVD Region 3 The Departed: Special Edition 2 DVD full bitrare DTS edition for £2.50 mind you, thats a bobby dazzler for that price. Great film, well worth every prnny of that price!
I also got delivery of a load of things today! I only ordered them all a few days ago! Thursday I beleve!
Got Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift Region 3 for £2.50 (good film, well worth that price)
and Season 1 of CSI Miami for under £16!!!!!! Region 1 as well, staggering bargain, got Season 2 and 3 on the way also. Brilliant quick delivery for them dvds. I own all CSI series anyway, these are for a friend as hell some people still pay 50 quid for shit UK sets!
Posted: 19 May 2007, 16:05
by bradavon
Cool prices. The Departed is another I'm happy to wait for HD for.