A Better Tomorrow - Ultimate Edition
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
It's not stupid if all your interested in is AV and you already have say the Fortune Star. If its the only print left or something than that's fine but I expect the credits to be presented in the original language. Suppose a Chinese person living in the Uk wants the film. They want to know the film is called Ying Hung Boon Sik, not just A Better Tomorrow. For the same reason, I want any subtitles to be optional and the sound format the original
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
Let me put it like this... I'd prefer the opening credits to be in their original language. I couldn't care less though about the end credits. I'd even prefer them to be in a language I can read, so I can tell who has worked on the film and who was credited. For that it has to be provided that the original credits were ALL translated.
If everything is fine with the ABT DVD in terms of AV, I will get it though no matter what title cards they are using, even if it was the one written in blood from the R1.
If everything is fine with the ABT DVD in terms of AV, I will get it though no matter what title cards they are using, even if it was the one written in blood from the R1.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
In that case, hell no. But this change is so bloody minor and doesn't affect the actual film in any way, thus I couldn't care less.grim_tales wrote:No but its still altered. Would you still say the same if you heard the abomination which is the horrible altered score on the older AB DVDs which completely changes the film?
I'll buy this when it falls it price. Plus I'd like to get the HKL release of ABT2, if only for better subs and a progressive transfer.I'll wait to see a proper AV review too. If the AV is the same as the AB's I won't bother (I'd be paying a premium for a Bey Logan commentary, I already own the AB's and they're not as nice as the IVL's). You can get the AB Box set really cheap.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
The altered audio doesn't affect the film? No offense to the componist of the "Forrest Gump"-soundtrack, but when the exact same tune starts playing on a film like "A Better Tomorrow", it does have an effect in a huge way.EvaUnit02 wrote:But this change is so bloody minor and doesn't affect the actual film in any way, thus I couldn't care less.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
I was still talking about the opening credit cards, not the score. Read more carefully next time.thelostdragon wrote: The altered audio doesn't affect the film? No offense to the componist of the "Forrest Gump"-soundtrack, but when the exact same tune starts playing on a film like "A Better Tomorrow", it does have an effect in a huge way.
EvaUnit02 wrote:In that case, hell no. (REFERING TO SCORE)grim_tales wrote:No but its still altered. Would you still say the same if you heard the abomination which is the horrible altered score on the older AB DVDs which completely changes the film?
Eva02 wrote:But this change is so bloody minor and doesn't affect the actual film in any way, thus I couldn't care less. (REFERING TO OPENING CREDITS).
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/924074/A ... oduct.htmlbradavon wrote:It's to early to say as:saltysam wrote:is the korean le of the trilogy worth ebaying?thinking of getting shut and picking up this release & hkl abt2.
A: This ABT: SE isn't out yet
B: We've no idea when HKL will get around to releasing ABT2
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:
-
slasher13
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1799
- Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
- Contact:
There a review of this dvd on 10,000 Bullets, here is the Review Link
For image it seems that IVL win out, as this one is cropped a bit.
For image it seems that IVL win out, as this one is cropped a bit.
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
-
slasher13
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1799
- Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
- Contact:
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
