What general film/series have you just seen.. marks out of 5
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
It may well suposed to look like that, looking into it at the moment, but as soon as the film started everyone seemed a little digitally blended and noise reduced to my eyes. I got used to it after about 15 minutes and stopped noticing it. But not sure if the film was suposed top look like that, or my eyes just picked up on it.
As I say will look into that
as the pikcy people on other forums will know this shit.
As I say will look into that
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Yup after a few looks about the UK versions DNR to hell as well
wankers.
Its getting on my tits this shit its like Face Off all over again, yet fools still praise the transfer as some people dont know shit about anything.
Good thread about the discs here, Bu Ray, TV and HD DVD.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... +Labyrinth
Basically if I notice it then the transfer fails for me, its far better than the dvd obviously, but its still a pain in the arse for some people (as others wil never notice this sort of thing ever).
Its getting on my tits this shit its like Face Off all over again, yet fools still praise the transfer as some people dont know shit about anything.
Good thread about the discs here, Bu Ray, TV and HD DVD.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... +Labyrinth
Basically if I notice it then the transfer fails for me, its far better than the dvd obviously, but its still a pain in the arse for some people (as others wil never notice this sort of thing ever).
Last edited by romerojpg on 04 May 2008, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
Cobra - 3/5
My God, the plot in this film is total rubbish. Incomprehensibly badly written, with plot holes you could drive a truck through. This film's script makes Commando seem like Citizen Kane.
The action scenes are totally ace though. Excellent choreography, editing and cinematography. I wonder who really directed this film, Stallone or Cosmatos?
Much of the dialogue is priceless.
Cobra's ethnic minority partner: "He looks like a fugitive from the 50s but he sure is great at catching Psychos. He’s a part of the Zombie Squad."
Brigitte Nielsen: "What's the Zombie Squad?"
Gonzales: "The bottom line."

My God, the plot in this film is total rubbish. Incomprehensibly badly written, with plot holes you could drive a truck through. This film's script makes Commando seem like Citizen Kane.
The action scenes are totally ace though. Excellent choreography, editing and cinematography. I wonder who really directed this film, Stallone or Cosmatos?
Much of the dialogue is priceless.
Cobra's ethnic minority partner: "He looks like a fugitive from the 50s but he sure is great at catching Psychos. He’s a part of the Zombie Squad."
Brigitte Nielsen: "What's the Zombie Squad?"
Gonzales: "The bottom line."
Last edited by EvaUnit02 on 05 May 2008, 13:28, edited 2 times in total.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
- Contact:
I think so, I watched a TV screening.grim_tales wrote:Did you watch the uncut version Eva?
# R2 United Kingdom - (Warner Bros Home Entertainment) - Yes - 4 seconds to scene where Stallone douses a bad guy with petrol, sets him alight, and utters "You have the right to remain silent".
Yup, that scene was definitely present.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Bambi (1942): 4/5
This wasnt the best early Disney I've seen (classics like Pinocchio and Dumbo are my favourites) but it was still very good. Although maybe a little twee at times.
I remembered the famous song "April Showers" and I think this film influenced The Lion King in many ways, many of the scenes are quite similar
This wasnt the best early Disney I've seen (classics like Pinocchio and Dumbo are my favourites) but it was still very good. Although maybe a little twee at times.
I remembered the famous song "April Showers" and I think this film influenced The Lion King in many ways, many of the scenes are quite similar
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
August Rush: 3/5
Why do so many people hate this film?
I thought it was fairly decent.
Freddy Highmore and Robin Williams deliver solid performances and the score is surprisingly pleasant.
Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers aren't convincing at all, but who cares? The film isn't about them.
Will be buying the BD.
Why do so many people hate this film?
I thought it was fairly decent.
Freddy Highmore and Robin Williams deliver solid performances and the score is surprisingly pleasant.
Keri Russell and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers aren't convincing at all, but who cares? The film isn't about them.
Will be buying the BD.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
"Sugar Rush" - 2/5
Lovefilm sent the first disc of this to me for some reason so I watched it. It's your usual Channel4 comedy, quirky/odd/trendy/shagging.
"16 Blocks" - 2/5
Bald heads and annoying voices.
"The Woodsman" - 2.5/5
Imagine a Hollywood film about a paedophile, this is it.
"Patch Adams" - 3/5
Entertaining, awful shirts.
"Angel Heart" - 1/5
I gave up after about half an hour.
"Salvador" - 3.5/5
Woods was insane and the titles give you epileptic fits. Not bad.
Lovefilm sent the first disc of this to me for some reason so I watched it. It's your usual Channel4 comedy, quirky/odd/trendy/shagging.
"16 Blocks" - 2/5
Bald heads and annoying voices.
"The Woodsman" - 2.5/5
Imagine a Hollywood film about a paedophile, this is it.
"Patch Adams" - 3/5
Entertaining, awful shirts.
"Angel Heart" - 1/5
I gave up after about half an hour.
"Salvador" - 3.5/5
Woods was insane and the titles give you epileptic fits. Not bad.
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Any good lesbo action?Lourdes wrote:"Sugar Rush" - 2/5
Lovefilm sent the first disc of this to me for some reason so I watched it. It's your usual Channel4 comedy, quirky/odd/trendy/shagging.
Yeah, I was hoping that the bad guys would silence Mos Def in the first act. Is he supposed to be retarded?"16 Blocks" - 2/5
Bald heads and annoying voices.
I saw this last week and was very impressed. I don't even know what you mean by "Hollywood" as the film was very much an indie through and through. Not mainstream at all. Intelligent, thoughtful, and Kevin Bacon was superb. This gets a lower rating than Patch Adams??"The Woodsman" - 2.5/5
Imagine a Hollywood film about a paedophile, this is it.
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
