Page 2 of 3

Posted: 28 Apr 2008, 11:54
by bradavon
With Guillermo del Toro at the helm I really cannot see this being anything but fantastic.

Chronos, Blade 2 and Pan's Labyrinth are all excellent and I hear The Devil's Backbone, Hellboy are excellent. Mimic is rubbish but even a great director is allowed one cock up.

To say Guillermo del Toro can do fantasy is putting it lightly.

Posted: 28 Apr 2008, 12:25
by EvaUnit02
Terry Gilliam could've likely done an excellent job as well, but he's burnt too many bridges in Hollywood.

Posted: 28 Apr 2008, 12:33
by bradavon
Good point, him too. I think Guillermo del Toro will do a better job though.

Posted: 28 Apr 2008, 12:43
by EvaUnit02
Also, why do you consider Blade 2 excellent? I'd rate it 3/5 at best.

Posted: 28 Apr 2008, 12:51
by bradavon
Of course it's no Pan's Labyrinth but it's easily the best of the three Blade films and is also an excellent action film.

I'd rate it 8 out of 10. The Gothic look, blood and fight action is spot on.

Posted: 28 Apr 2008, 12:57
by gasteropod
bradavon wrote:Of course it's no Pan's Labyrinth but it's easily the best of the three Blade films and is also an excellent action film.
The first one is easily the best!

Posted: 28 Apr 2008, 13:05
by bradavon
I've seen Blade a few times and every time I enjoy it but come away thinking "something is missing" and "it's overrated". It just doesn't gel together properly for me, like Blade 2 does.

The action is much better in Blade 2 too. Luke "When will I be Famous" Goss plays an excellent villian too. I think we can all agree Blade 3 is a turd though, as if we're supposed to be believe the villain is Dracula himself. What!

Blade 2 is the only one I own on DVD. I own Blade on an Official Thai VCD :D. The opening sequence of Blade is excellent though.

Posted: 28 Apr 2008, 13:17
by grim_tales
Hellboy was good too. I havent seen The Devils Backbone.

Posted: 28 Apr 2008, 13:56
by gasteropod
I find the fighting in Blade really satisfying; it flows, it's powerful, and it's not too jump-cutty. Blade 2 has shit fighting, it's all just fake Matrix-style stuff if I recall, where every punch lacks impact.

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 31 May 2010, 10:20
by bradavon
Del Toro Won't Direct The Hobbit:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28016

I'm seriously worried now. Next to Jackson Del Toro was perfect, he may have been even more perfect than Jackson.

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 31 May 2010, 14:52
by grim_tales
Surprised if Jackson himself would do it. I can't see Sam Raimi directing such a big film. But better Raimi than some guy we've never heard of.

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 01 Jun 2010, 22:45
by romerojpg
grim_tales wrote: I can't see Sam Raimi directing such a big film.
:lol: :clap:

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 01 Jun 2010, 23:57
by bradavon
Sam Raimi directed Spider-man :?. I cannot see Raimi directing it now. It'll be someone new.

Jackson never was going to do it, just produce.

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 07:35
by grim_tales
Just because he directed Spiderman (I know he did) doesnt mean he's the right person for the Hobbit. I just hope its not an unknown.

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 09:55
by bradavon
grim_tales wrote:Just because he directed Spiderman (I know he did) doesnt mean he's the right person for the Hobbit.
Of course but you said something else before "I can't see Sam Raimi directing such a big film."

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 13:59
by grim_tales
Fair enough, oops :D

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 16:24
by romerojpg
Still hard to believe most expensive film of all time was Spiderman 3 (well so they say). Think how many superb litle films you could make :D Rammi just lost the plot with budgets, he should be banned from making expensive films.

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 16:29
by grim_tales
Surely Avatar is the most expensive movie ever made these days? ;)

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 19:09
by romerojpg
Nope Avatar is nowhere near the most expensive accoring to many who made it, not even close. Still they all lie anyway I am sure :D

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 19 Oct 2010, 18:00
by bradavon
OMG! Peter Jackson is going to direct the two Hobbit films. Literally the perfect person for the job:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29220

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 11 Jul 2011, 01:25
by thelostdragon

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 11 Jul 2011, 17:08
by bradavon
Thanks.

:D :D :D

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 21 Jul 2011, 22:11
by thelostdragon
Official Production Diary:
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t47TXEi0No0

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 22 Dec 2011, 00:56
by bradavon
The Hobbit 2012 Trailer (out a day before my birthday :D):

480P: http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/the ... _h480p.mov
720P: http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/the ... _h720p.mov
1080P: http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/the ... h1080p.mov

Check out it's still co-written by Guillermo del Toro.

Re: The Hobbit

Posted: 31 Dec 2011, 17:05
by Xenon
Won't this thing will be filmed by some new cameras with a framerate of 48 frames per second for better 3D or something? =/