Page 2 of 2

Posted: 26 Oct 2007, 00:56
by EvaUnit02
bradavon wrote:I didn't like it so much in Supremacy but that was when I wasn't expecting it.
Haven't you seen Supremacy recently? The cinematography worked beautifully.

Posted: 26 Oct 2007, 01:44
by bradavon
No not really. I had it on in the background when it was on TV recently but haven't watched it properly since I saw it in the cinema.

Posted: 26 Oct 2007, 09:27
by saltysam
the region 2 is up at cd-wow and via the usual links is even cheaper than the R3, about £6.60 :D

Posted: 26 Oct 2007, 13:14
by grim_tales
The shaky cam in Ultimatum annoyed me at first but then it was fine, it worked well and was in tone with the grittiness of the film :)

Posted: 26 Oct 2007, 14:19
by bradavon
The one on one fight in Northern Africa (I think it was there) was excellent. It was real, gritty and violent.

Posted: 26 Oct 2007, 15:16
by grim_tales
I'm definitely picking up Ultimatum at some point, maybe for Xmas :)

Posted: 15 Nov 2007, 20:29
by saltysam
no hd-dvd box set now,at least in the usa.play still list it as coming out here though

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/ ... _DVD_/1171

Posted: 15 Nov 2007, 20:53
by bradavon
That is weird when Universal are releasing one in the UK. A standard box set and an LE box set.

It's especially when annoying when the Ultimatum UK HD-DVD loses the Dolby True-HD found on the USA HD-DVD Combo. It looks like I'll be buying separate releases. Probably USA for Ultimatum and UK for the other two.

Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 12:58
by dvdvision
Man, this get confusing. Beware when buying used discs of the trilogy, I have a feeling people will get the UK box set, switch the discs inside (getting the ones with the better True HD track) and resell the US ones, with the UK discs in then.

If the french version of the first comes out with the longer cut, it will be even crazier :)

Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 15:16
by bradavon
I seriously doubt anyone would go to that extent.

Please post if it does.

Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 16:40
by dvdvision
Well, I just bought the restored version of "For a few dollars more" used, in 16/9. Guess what disc was in the box ? That's right, the original 4/3 release... I have no idea if these things happens in the UK or US, but in France, I get those from time to time :lol:

Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 16:53
by bradavon
Personally I've never had that happen to me in the UK. I've never heard of it happening to others either. There is a big bootleg problem on eBay though.

Posted: 16 Nov 2007, 18:37
by dvdvision
I guess it's must be typically french then, I expect surprises on HD-DVDs and BR with the variable releases around the world (ie you buy Casino Royale french BR used, and find out it's the region A release inside) :)