Page 2 of 2

Posted: 10 Nov 2005, 10:10
by sky75
gasteropod wrote:Surely the most disappointing aspect is that it's cut.
If so I do have a problem with cuts but then again it depends on what has been cut and how much is actually cut. From what I remember there's not much than the censors would want to cut. According to the poster on the DVD times thread it is only two seconds and is nothing worth mentioning in my opinion. There also doesn't seem to be any official confirmation that this DVD will in fact be cut in the same way.

However having a decent soundtrack in the original language with decent subtitles is very important. English dubs have their place but I would much rather have a decent remastered 5.1 soundtrack in the original language.

Posted: 10 Nov 2005, 10:25
by tom2681
Based on the description of the 2-second cut on DVDTimes, I'd say that the French DVD is also cut. I don't know about the german DVD, but I think that:
French cut = Spanish cut = German cut.

I wonder what the R1 cut will be like.

Posted: 10 Nov 2005, 11:28
by gasteropod
But this DVD is 93 minutes. IMDb says Thunderbolt is 110 minutes.

Posted: 10 Nov 2005, 13:24
by bradavon
Oh I didn't know that. If that's true then lots of these :twisted: :evil:

Posted: 10 Nov 2005, 17:00
by Markgway
Actually the R1 DVD is rumoured to be 84m!!

Posted: 10 Nov 2005, 17:25
by gasteropod
It said 93 minutes on DVD Times if anyone's wondering where my information comes from.

Posted: 10 Nov 2005, 18:06
by Markgway
I saw 84m at the Warner website (someone posted a link on another forum). I do recall DVD Times sating 93m so it could be either. Hopefully both are wrong and it's 111m.

Posted: 10 Nov 2005, 20:02
by bradavon
The R3 Korean Warner DVD with exactly the same cover art is 106 minutes, NTSC of course:

http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasia ... _arg=12623

Here is the cover art clearly showing 106 minutes.

Posted: 10 Nov 2005, 20:18
by romerojpg
Rumors haahah wait till its out I guess :)

Posted: 11 Nov 2005, 00:05
by Markgway
106m is too short unless it's from a PAL source.