Page 98 of 110
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 30 Sep 2011, 15:38
by bradavon
It could be, it's triple play remember. Those fucking annoying releases, only sold to artificially bump the price.
When it's £9.99 I'll get it, "maybe" £10.99 but not this month. It was on Film4 last night, I caught bits. It's still so much fun.
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 30 Sep 2011, 21:47
by Markgway
Yeah, triple play is pointless given that I'll ignore two of the three discs. I'm being made to pay for shit I won't ever use. Bah. I'm still holding out for £7.99 though.

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 01 Oct 2011, 14:02
by bradavon
"Very" rarely I've used the DVD disc, when lending the film to friends but have never used the Digital Copy.
If they were DRM free I "may" copy them to my phone but having DRM literally means it's less hassle to download a bootleg from BitTorrent. That should never be the case. I imagine there's some unofficial way to copy Windows Media to an Android phone but I'm not interested in finding out.
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 01 Oct 2011, 18:53
by romerojpg
I wish Triple play would be banned, evil, senseless price rising shit!
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 01 Oct 2011, 23:58
by bradavon
For once, I agree with Romero

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 02 Oct 2011, 09:34
by grim_tales
As do I
I often have no need for the extra DVD either.
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 24 Oct 2011, 19:08
by saltysam
20% off code for blu/dvd/cd at asda direct (not pre-orders) MVG191020
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 07 Nov 2011, 18:58
by saltysam
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 08 Nov 2011, 18:40
by bradavon
Doh! It's £35 now.
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 19:00
by grim_tales
I just joined Quidco to see what would happen
It says you can get cashback at Play, HMV etc so could be useful.
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 19:09
by gasteropod
grim_tales wrote:It says you can get cashback at Play, HMV etc so could be useful.
Really? I didn't know that

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 19:28
by grim_tales

Maybe you have to spend a lot to make it worthwhile, apparently they take some off you to maintain the site.
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 19:31
by gasteropod
Yeah they only take like £5 a year, perfectly reasonable considering you pay nothing. I've earnt £146.13 so far, with £4.37 currently being tracked

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 19:45
by grim_tales
How much do you have to buy earn all that? I'm assuming more than the odd BD/DVD?
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 19:57
by gasteropod
Well I've been using it for ages hah.
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 20:00
by grim_tales
Ah OK, you can just build savings up then?
I hope I made the right decision.
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 20:04
by gasteropod
If you want, I have it pay me when it gets to like £10 or something (but because cashback often all comes in at once, the payment is usually more than that).
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 20:18
by romerojpg
Quidco is a load of shit, dump it as they charge you £5 a year!
Go to
http://www.topcashback.co.uk instead, no fees and more cashback

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 20:18
by gasteropod

hypocrite.
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 20:21
by romerojpg
Haha I quit Quidco pretty much all the way nowadays, no point using them now with that £5 fee, when that £5 goes to my pocket on Topcashback

mind you the days of Quidco gave me nearly £1000 cashback, so hey they were good days while they lasted

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 20:40
by bradavon
You need to be on both. Different stores have different deals with suppliers.
I'm only on that one though (not Quid Co, not had the need) because I'm only interested in using it for "big purchases" where I save a wedge, not a few pennies here and there. We've been here many times before, please don't bother trying to convince me otherwise.
I didn't end up using Top Cash Back though. I once tried with British Gas and it kept falling over trying to connect. I was going to use it for Ovo Energy (I've just switched supplier) but the cash back was better at Energyhelpline.com (same but energy only).
gasteropod wrote:I've earnt £146.13 so far, with £4.37 currently being tracked

Roughly how many items have you had to buy to get that?
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 21:14
by romerojpg
bradavon wrote: I'm only interested in using it for "big purchases" where I save a wedge, not a few pennies here and there. We've been here many times before, please don't bother trying to convince me otherwise.
What like the £400+ of daily clicks that give you pennies a day, for a few seconds of clicks, and in the end came up to over £400 for me.
Only idiots toss cash away like that

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 10 Nov 2011, 21:45
by bradavon
romerojpg wrote:Only idiots toss cash away like that

Sigh I was even polite

. I buy less than (no more than) a dozen discs a year nowadays, I'm not going to make anywhere near £400 from cash back sites. Like I said, I'm only interested for big savings. Not interested, move along.
Your point is lost to me. How many items did you have to buy to get £400?
Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 11 Nov 2011, 14:42
by grim_tales
gasteropod wrote:
hypocrite.
Now Romero tells us

Re: The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!
Posted: 11 Nov 2011, 22:53
by Markgway
I can't believe after all these years of promoting his beloved Quidco Romero has turn his back on them.
You vicious bastard!!