Page 98 of 152

Posted: 16 May 2009, 19:08
by bradavon
I go very rarely but the theatre is great. It's an entirely different experience to movies. I'm going in July, local production in the city I live.

I have got a clue what Gas and IM are waffling about :D.

Posted: 17 May 2009, 19:28
by HungFist
It's been some time since the last time I was as amazed as 2 minutes ago when one word of Finnish popped up in the middle of English language subtitles for Negative Happy Chainsaw Edge.

Image

And no, it's not something I did while asleep :lol: I checked the original source and it's there. I suppose the translator was Finnish.

Posted: 20 May 2009, 17:42
by gasteropod

Posted: 20 May 2009, 20:49
by Markgway
It made me smile. I quite like Spiders. Maybe not the big fuckers that can poison you but the wee house ones.

Posted: 29 May 2009, 13:37
by HungFist
This will be the last damn picture post for a while because this is my last day in Vaasa till... I don't know.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Posted: 05 Jun 2009, 22:37
by saltysam
Don't know if i mentioned it before but after my health problems earlier in the year i decided to try and lose some weight (i am a fattie) joined Slimming World and at my weigh-in on Wednesday i was a 1lb short of a 4 stone total weight loss...55lb! pretty good i think as i've only been on it 3 months. :)

Posted: 06 Jun 2009, 00:48
by Markgway
Congrats.

Posted: 06 Jun 2009, 11:45
by Yi-Long
saltysam wrote:Don't know if i mentioned it before but after my health problems earlier in the year i decided to try and lose some weight (i am a fattie) joined Slimming World and at my weigh-in on Wednesday i was a 1lb short of a 4 stone total weight loss...55lb! pretty good i think as i've only been on it 3 months. :)
I'd congratulate you, but I'm affraid you would celebrate with a piece of pie... ;) :P

J/K man, Congrats!

Posted: 06 Jun 2009, 14:26
by saltysam
thanks....but i still have a lot to shift...think i was around 22st last year,when i started my diet i was just on 21st,now 17st ish. i'd be happy to get to 14-14 1/2st if i can

Posted: 25 Jun 2009, 20:27
by grim_tales
I went to London today on a day out with family :) Went round the Borrough (sp?) market in London Bridge where they have all sorts of food stalls :)

I bought a saucisson, sausages, fudge and cinder toffee/honeycomb :D
Had a lovely lunch, walked on the Millennium Bridge and a bit of Tate Modern.
It was very good :)

Posted: 30 Jun 2009, 19:42
by grim_tales
I scored 2 goals in football today, would of been 3 but the keeper made a good save. The 1st goal I scored myself, 2nd one I won a penalty (and converted it) as some git was holding on/clambering over me! :D

Posted: 08 Jul 2009, 17:53
by grim_tales
I scored another 2 goals in football yesterday (Special Olympics), but didnt know much about the 2nd goal, the ball just went in off my leg :D

Posted: 08 Jul 2009, 21:47
by Markgway
grim_tales wrote:I scored another 2 goals in football yesterday (Special Olympics), but didnt know much about the 2nd goal, the ball just went in off my leg :D
No, what you really mean is that you used your supreme skill to make the goal look easy. :wink:

Posted: 12 Jul 2009, 11:18
by grim_tales
I have heard another concert is being planned in my area, and I'm wanted to sing at it. (!) No idea what to sing though. I wound up singing Yesterday (with guitar) and All Over The World (acapella) at a group barbecue.
Maybe Yesterday is a good choice? It is after all the most covered song in history.

Posted: 12 Jul 2009, 11:39
by Yi-Long
How's your moonwalk!?

Posted: 12 Jul 2009, 11:51
by saltysam
grim_tales wrote: Maybe Yesterday is a good choice? It is after all the most covered song in history.
that's the very reason it isn't a good choice..try and sing something less predictable!

Posted: 12 Jul 2009, 12:00
by grim_tales
Good point. It's just that someone said "Why don't you go for something that is well known" - maybe not THAT well known.

:D @ Yi :)

Posted: 14 Jul 2009, 20:23
by grim_tales
I scored another 3 goals (I think) in football today :D
Haven't decided what song yet. Its a long way off though.
I don't want to do something too predictable, as Sam said.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 14:12
by Yi-Long
Been to the hospital again today to talk to another specialist about my stomach-problems.
They again took a bunch of blood-samples to test for some stuff, and luckily this time they will also test for Crohn and Coeliac disease, which they hadn't done before(!)

Also they're gonna send a camera-crew up my ass again (No Brad, I will NOT share those pictures with you), so maybe this time they'll find something they might have missed last time (gawd I hope I haven't been anal-probed by aliens).

So I'm happy they are willing to continue the search of what's wrong with me (stomach-wise), cause basically the last time I spoke to my regular doctor I got the same answer my dietitian gave me: "we have no clue what's causing your problems and we can't think of any other shit to test...", so that was kinda demotivating.

I hope this time they'll find something, and hopefully solve the problem.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 18:12
by grim_tales
Hope it gets sorted Yi :(

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 19:31
by saltysam
Yeah hope you get sorted soon Yi.Being ill sucks

Re:

Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 19:35
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:I forgot that about Tony Martin shooting someone in the back, pretty cowardly IMO.
There's a programme about this case on ITV1 at 10:35 pm tonight...

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Jul 2009, 22:30
by Yi-Long
Thanks kids. ;)

Yeah it sucks, but as always, things could also have been a lot worse, so at times I feel bad about it (obviously), and at other times I know very well that many people have it much worse in life than I have.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 14 Aug 2009, 21:29
by Godzooki
grim_tales wrote:Hope it gets sorted Yi :(
Yeah an i hope you get better. Doctors can be dicks sometimes.

You feeling better now Salty?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 17:46
by grim_tales
Hey,
I just heard the concert I'm performing in will be on October 3 and I can apparently sing 2 more songs...