Page 94 of 100

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 15:56
by HungFist
I like Brad :)

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 16:00
by romerojpg
Sexually.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 16:10
by Shingster
Nothing wrong with that either Hung! He has snogged 3 men before so he seems quite the gay Don Juan!

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 16:59
by HungFist
:o

I thought he was pure.

Shock.

Fuck him then.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 17:41
by saltysam
No offence but if that's your only other source of evidence, that's pretty weak. You forget all the other forums I post on and have never caused trouble. Most not regularly but even so.
What else am i so supposed to base it on? i've only seen you regularly post on two forums,one you were chucked off from,the other ended up with you being overthrown as a mod and regulary piss members off....far from weak i believe the evidence is damning :rock:

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 21:17
by bradavon
The evidence is also several years old too ;). My post count is pretty high at AV Forums and AVS Forums.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 21:27
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:The evidence is also several years old too ;)
Old? you piss members here off on an almost daily basis. ;)
bradavon wrote:My post count is pretty high at AVS Forums.
Oh yeah,that's the forum where you self appointed yourself resident BD/HD-DVD Combo expert months before you actually owned one :lol:

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2010, 23:01
by bradavon
saltysam wrote:Oh yeah,that's the forum where you self appointed yourself resident BD/HD-DVD Combo expert months before you actually owned one :lol:
I received a PM only last week thanking me, for the work done on that forum. Go figure! That's now how any of the AVS members saw it. Go figure!
Markgway wrote:Actually I was enjoying Bullets more whilst Brad was away. We didn't seem to have any arguments.
saltysam wrote:Old? you piss members here off on an almost daily basis. ;)
Hmm. Are you still so sure? Compared to what I used to, I'm barely on here any more.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 14:49
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:I received a PM only last week thanking me, for the work done on that forum. Go figure! That's now how any of the AVS members saw it. Go figure!
Mainly yank forum isn't it?says it all really :)
bradavon wrote:Hmm. Are you still so sure?
Positive.Absolutely positive.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 16:47
by DangerousLeeHandsome
Lets stay on topic people. You guys are rediculous.

BTW, DD's FOL is clearly the best its ever lookded so I don't know why you guys keep bringing up "French" this or "German" that. Sue me.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 16:58
by Yi-Long
DangerousLeeHandsome wrote:Lets stay on topic people. You guys are rediculous.

BTW, DD's FOL is clearly the best its ever lookded so I don't know why you guys keep bringing up "French" this or "German" that. Sue me.
I believe there were a few problems with the DD release, but for me the most important one is that it's cut, compared to the version I know and love. There is however a diference of opinion on which version is the 'real' version. Some view the version I watched as an 'extended' version, so those people don't mind the 'cuts' so much. The people that feel the 'extended' version IS the 'director's cut' and the very best version of this movie, DO mind the cuts, and are stilol waiting for that version to be released properly.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 17:19
by bradavon
@ DangerousLeeHandsome: The HK Video French DVD easily beats the DD USA DVD. It's uncut for one. Simples! No English subs though.
Yi-Long wrote:The people that feel the 'extended' version IS the 'director's cut' and the very best version of this movie,
Except unless I'm mistaken the Director's Cut is the HK cut! The Taiwanese Cut is an Extended Cut, just like The Killer and many others. You're the only person I've ever come across who veminently prefers the Extended Cut.

The HK cut is considered uncut because the Taiwanese DVD is an Extended Cut. If I remember correctly the DD USA DVD is the American cut but with Cantonese added, so is neither the Director's Cut or Extended Cut.

Feel free to correct me, if I've got anything wrong.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 18:22
by saltysam
i was quite happy with the DD FOL and i'm just keeping my fingers crossed the blu isn't a 36th Chamber type debacle.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 18:33
by romerojpg
saltysam wrote: i'm just keeping my fingers crossed the blu isn't a 36th Chamber type debacle.
It would be funny if it was, it would just show you that the company is a bunch of inept morons of whome many need the sack.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 18:38
by RickyTheDragonSteamboat
I thought DD did pretty good job with FOL. Yeah, so it loses the final 10-15 seconds but A/V quality is outstanding.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 18:44
by Markgway
There's no evidence that I know of to suggest that the Taiwanese print of FOL is a director's cut. It's not uncommon for HK films to preview at longer lengths in Taiwan, as Brad has said. Fine if you prefer it, but for all intents and purposes the HK version is uncut.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 18:47
by grim_tales
The HK/Cantonese FOL is the Director's Cut IMO. Same with The Killer, simples :D
Mark agreeing with Brad?! :P

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 18:54
by saltysam
There's a girl aged 22 in our place with the immature mind of a ten year old.one of her current buzzwords is the pathetic "simples".now i see supposed grown men like Brad and Grim using it on an internet forum. :roll:

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 18:56
by gasteropod
They've been watching too much Meerkat :lol:

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 20:51
by Yi-Long
Like I said, opinions differ which version of Fist of Legend is the 'director's cut' and also which version is preferred.

Many who have seen the extended version, prefer that extended version, and I'm certainly one of them. Especially cause I can't understand why the scenes that are missing from the HK version, were cut. The 'extended' version is IMHO more than perfect when it comes to pacing and depth. It was absolutely unneccesary to cut ANY scene from that version, and the scenes themself were nice and offered a glimpse of extra info about the other characters.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 22:58
by Markgway
I'm not sure it is a matter of opinion in this instance as no one has ever come out and said that the Taiwanese version is a director's cut. It's just an extended version of the official release. Enjoy it for what it is.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 01 Mar 2010, 23:25
by bradavon
saltysam wrote:There's a girl aged 22 in our place with the immature mind of a ten year old.one of her current buzzwords is the pathetic "simples".now i see supposed grown men like Brad and Grim using it on an internet forum. :roll:
It's just a slogan if you will. Like saying cool. I happen to think it sounds funny. I don't use it often and don't say things like "Ya Know" or "Like" every 2 seconds. Those get on my nerves.
grim_tales wrote:Mark agreeing with Brad?! :P
I know! WTF! I got something right about HK cinema :D. See I do pay attention, sometimes.
Yi-Long wrote:Like I said, opinions differ which version of Fist of Legend is the 'director's cut' and also which version is preferred.
As Mark said though, they don't. I've never read anyone claim the Extended Cut to be a Director's cut ever, except you :).
Yi-Long wrote:Many who have seen the extended version, prefer that extended version, and I'm certainly one of them. Especially cause I can't understand why the scenes that are missing from the HK version, were cut.
That doesn't qualify it to be a director's cut though. There are loads of deleted scenes for films out there, that should've been included but likewise even more films are so flabby because of frankly deleted scenes.

Remember the Extended Cut has only ever been seen on Taiwanese DVD. All other "uncut" prints have featured HK cut. That must mean something. Again, correct me if I'm wrong. Don't get me wrong, if you prefer it fine and if you think it should be included on said DVDs fine but it's worth to be clear why it isn't being included in place of the shorter cuts.

Speaking personally I don't recall anything particularly worthwhile extra in the extended cut. I'm not really a fan of the film but the HK cut works just fine. Again as Mark says, extra footage doesn't always equal better. I know you've not said that. I used to own the Ritek Taiwanese DVD before selling it to Grim.

By your token, you may as well ask, why The Killer Extended Cut isn't used on all the DVDs too.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 02 Mar 2010, 14:34
by saltysam
i'd like to see the taiwanese version of Eastern Condors.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 02 Mar 2010, 17:32
by Markgway
That would be interesting. Unfortunately it never made it to Video.

Re: The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!

Posted: 02 Mar 2010, 19:55
by Shingster
It's not unusual for the extended cuts of classic HK action films to provide more logic than the shorter HK release as well, Dragons Forever is a good example where the longer cut with Yuen Biao pyschiatrist sessions makes far more sense of his actions in the film than in the HK release. You also have the case where a director's cut isn't always regarded as the best version by the fans, the international cut of Ashes of Time seems to be preferred over the HK cut by WKW for instance.