So is it more offensive to suggest drinking booze can make you brain dammaged, or that someone is unable to distinguish this from someone born with mental problems - ie. the "less fortunate"Markgway wrote:How can anyone be offended by the end of DM2? He's drunk so much industrial alcohol it's fried his brain. Shows you the consequences of heavy drinking!! Have I missed something? Where is Jackie making fun of handicapped (or 'less fortunate' as Brad puts it) people?
The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
At best it's completely inaccurate to suggest people act like disabled people when drinking industrial alcohol, at worst it's insulting to people who're disabled.Markgway wrote:How can anyone be offended by the end of DM2? He's drunk so much industrial alcohol it's fried his brain. Shows you the consequences of heavy drinking!! Have I missed something? Where is Jackie making fun of handicapped (or 'less fortunate' as Brad puts it) people?
The way he acts it's obvious they were trying to make him act like someone disabled.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
I think Brad is just joking...
Anyway, back to my bad memory; what was the verdict on Last Hurrah for Chivalry? DD fine and HKL possibly downmix? Or the otherway round? Or both fine?
EDIT: Both should be orig. mono according to the running man, but HKL out of sync (thanks Ivan)
http://adg.invisionzone.com/index.php?s ... rrah&st=20
Anyway, back to my bad memory; what was the verdict on Last Hurrah for Chivalry? DD fine and HKL possibly downmix? Or the otherway round? Or both fine?
EDIT: Both should be orig. mono according to the running man, but HKL out of sync (thanks Ivan)
http://adg.invisionzone.com/index.php?s ... rrah&st=20
-
DangerousLeeHandsome
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 02:27
- Location: California, US
Got mine last night and honestly, I didn't even realize that last scene was missing.grim_tales wrote:I still get this disc, I cant see the abscence of the last shot bothering me THAT much. I remember the MIHK tape of Police Story had an end coda that wasnt present in any other versions, not even the Fortune Star remaster.
-
chenlung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 901
- Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
- Location: Scotland
Did the audio jump?DangerousLeeHandsome wrote:Got mine last night and honestly, I didn't even realize that last scene was missing.grim_tales wrote:I still get this disc, I cant see the abscence of the last shot bothering me THAT much. I remember the MIHK tape of Police Story had an end coda that wasnt present in any other versions, not even the Fortune Star remaster.
Scott
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
He's not. That's what's so scary....HungFist wrote:I think Brad is just joking...
I have the DD but haven't watched it right thru. Seemed like genuine mono to me.Anyway, back to my bad memory; what was the verdict on Last Hurrah for Chivalry? DD fine and HKL possibly downmix? Or the otherway round? Or both fine?
-
Old Pang Yau
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 24 Mar 2007, 04:02
-
chenlung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 901
- Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
- Location: Scotland
-
Old Pang Yau
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 24 Mar 2007, 04:02
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Old Pang Yau
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 24 Mar 2007, 04:02
Well, I know the Weinstein Company has jumped into Blu-ray, but Dragon Dynasty jumping in has yet to be seen. Even so, it'll probably only be a select number, based on the better selling of the DVDs. I saw an HD print of "The Protector" on my local On Demand, so it's not like they haven't taken the time out to master some of them in HD. I'm guessing The Protector (maybe even SPL, er, "KillZone") would be one of their first Blu-rays.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
-
RickyTheDragonSteamboat
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 07 Dec 2006, 23:54
The blurring isn't as bothersome as TCM's, thankfully. The sound does go OOS at times and I suspect the blurring may be an attempt to sync up the video with the sound. Not completely sure. Overall, despite missing the last few seconds, it's still a quality release. Just avoid the Wal-mart copies if you're in the US.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05



