Page 8 of 16

Posted: 26 Jun 2006, 21:04
by thelostdragon
True, slasher.

Posted: 26 Jun 2006, 21:09
by bradavon
You misunderstand what I said Slasher re-read it :wink:

Posted: 26 Jun 2006, 21:58
by EvaUnit02
bradavon wrote:This isn't surprising though dubbing is very much part of Chinese cinema and it has been since I can remember.
Italian cinema too (at least well into the 80's). All the sound (voice, foley, etc) is constructed post-sync.

Posted: 27 Jun 2006, 08:12
by slasher13
bradavon wrote:You misunderstand what I said Slasher re-read it :wink:
Ahhh yep, reread it, sorry Bradavon :)

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 10:57
by thelostdragon
US poster:

Image

LOOOOL! :D

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 11:03
by grim_tales
LOL that's a really bad poster :D

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 11:05
by thelostdragon
The head is pasted onto some other body. Or maybe it is even Jet Li's body, but they might found that his head is too small and hence replaced it with a larger head. Like they did with Chapman To's head on the "Infernal Affairs 2" cover when they replaced it with Shawn Yue's head.

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 15:29
by slasher13
That is one horrible poster, hate it, but like the poster which dvdtimes show, the following, very nice and elegant.

Image

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 16:02
by dragonhero005
I still prefer the one LD posted... Jet looks so... "Fearless" on it, doesn´t he. LOL! :lol: :D


Image

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 16:11
by Shen
he looks like he's having a tantrum and about to start crying on the american one... lol

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 16:15
by Kurgan
You're right, it's like someone's pulling his favourite sword (easy now ;)) off-camera and he's going to wail about it :)

Posted: 14 Jul 2006, 18:24
by romerojpg
Amazing poster! :lol: These guys behind such posters surley have to be rather blind


and rather thick as pig shit.

Posted: 15 Jul 2006, 23:09
by EvaUnit02
thelostdragon wrote:Image
"Tell me where the bathroom is now!"

Posted: 16 Jul 2006, 16:18
by grim_tales
:D

Posted: 16 Jul 2006, 17:18
by Markgway
Image

Posted: 06 Sep 2006, 11:59
by EvaUnit02
UK DVD coverart
Image
Source
It's okay, at least there aren't any floating heads.

Posted: 06 Sep 2006, 13:03
by grim_tales
Not bad, though the UK and Irish 15's stand out like sore thumbs on them :)

Posted: 06 Sep 2006, 14:48
by Yi-Long
Yeah pretty good cover. Not all that fond of the font that used for the title, but everything else looks very good.
Dont care much about the 15's, though I find it a bit weird that they need to have 2 of them...

Posted: 06 Sep 2006, 17:08
by BiscLimpkit
Ace min, imo.

Posted: 07 Sep 2006, 00:48
by EvaUnit02
Yi-Long wrote: Dont care much about the 15's, though I find it a bit weird that they need to have 2 of them...
One is the BBFC, the other is the Irish censorship body. Same release for different countries within the same territory. I'm so glad that they don't do this in R4 land, imagine the HUGE Aussie rating tag AND the equally HUGE NZ rating tag on the same cover.
Image

Posted: 07 Sep 2006, 03:26
by bradavon
They kind of do though don't they Eva with the Kiwi one stuck over the top (badly) of the Aussie one. It's the same in Canada but of course the stickers are MUCH, MUCH smaller.

I'm loving the cover art. I don't care at all about the logos, this is DVD cover art not a work of art.

Cool it's out next month. Any news on a DVD with the Michelle Yeoh footage? I so want to see this. I need to get on and watch this.

Posted: 07 Sep 2006, 06:38
by EvaUnit02
bradavon wrote:They kind of do though don't they Eva with the Kiwi one stuck over the top (badly) of the Aussie one.
No, there's a difference between being "printed side-by-side" and "one stuck on top of the other".

Posted: 07 Sep 2006, 06:52
by bradavon
Agreed except all the Kiwis DVDs I've received have been sloppy to the extreme with the sticker over the top, the Kiwi logo is never big enough to cover the writing beneath. It looks much worse.

USA logos are a joke in the extreme small size but Aussie ones are the opposite with their absurd over the top large size. Personally I think the UK logos are about right. It doesn't bother me having two logos at all but I do find it dumb when 90% of the time they're the same.

AFAIK the Irish system is identical to the UK one except they don't have 12A and generally seem to agree with the rating the BBFC gives a film (not always though).

Posted: 07 Sep 2006, 14:50
by sky75
bradavon wrote:
AFAIK the Irish system is identical to the UK one except they don't have 12A and generally seem to agree with the rating the BBFC gives a film (not always though).
whenever I've noticed the irish rating is usually higher than the UK.

Posted: 07 Sep 2006, 15:15
by EvaUnit02
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=62712
A barebones release, the film is presented in 2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen with Mandarin, French and Spanish audio (DD5.1 Surround) and English SDH, French and Spanish subtitle options.
NOOOOOO, barebones. At least it has the original Mandarin audio and not the Catonese dub.

ARGH, ENGLISH HOH CAPTIONS ONLY!
:shock: :evil: