The Play.com Bargains Thread!
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
- IronMonkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1950
- Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49
Aren't you running the risk of getting an English / French cover buying from PlayUSA?bradavon wrote:Terminator 2 - USA SE BD - £12.99 -
http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/CAR ... ml?cur=513
The few times I did order from them put me off because of this, and I haven't bothered since. I've ordered this BD from MovieTyme for £14.99 - I'd rather pay that little bit more and get a decent cover.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Possibly. I'm not planning to buy it though. I may end up picking it up when it's cheap but am mostly happy with my HD-DVD. As it's T2 I will likely bend though, at a later date.IronMonkey wrote:Aren't you running the risk of getting an English / French cover buying from PlayUSA?
Not that dual covers bother me.
It's now £15.99 at MT. I'd rather save the cash, if it's just a dual cover. Play also have a French/English link, so I'd say the one above is English only:
http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/3-/ ... oduct.html
Both £12.99.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
According to DVD News sites, the USA one is at least. Not that I have any faith in THX. It means very little in reality.gasteropod wrote:I thought the new one was meant to be a new THX HD master or something, I wouldn't have thought the Optimum UK one was such a master. I'll be interested in seeing if it's true, though.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
BDs for £9.99 -
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/3-/2560 ... erprice=12
I went for:
Downfall
Reservoir Dogs: Petrol Can LE
I knew if I waited I'd get this for under a tenner!
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/3-/2560 ... erprice=12
I went for:
Downfall
Reservoir Dogs: Petrol Can LE
I knew if I waited I'd get this for under a tenner!
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22163
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
- thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
- Location: Basin City
- Contact:

