Wow. Hadnt even heard Ninja Gaiden Sigma was censored here in Europe. It certainly hasnt been on the gamesites I visit as news
Good to learn, so I wont buy the PAL release. Censoring bastards.
Looking forward to NG2, although they will probably censor that as well, and unlike PS3 games, this Xbox 360 game probably WILL be region locked
It looks pretty damn good though, judging from the screenshots. Too bad I wont buy it if it is censored.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
I'm not so sure about the censorship thing. I think Microsoft learned from Ninja Gaiden Black that it is ok to have games like this on their system. I hope they will do the right thing & leave the game fully intact for its UK release...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
IronMonkey wrote:I'm not so sure about the censorship thing. I think Microsoft learned from Ninja Gaiden Black that it is ok to have games like this on their system. I hope they will do the right thing & leave the game fully intact for its UK release...
I dont know. More and more goverments seem to jump on the soccermom-bandwagon and pretending videogame violence is hurting society. I hear Gordon Brown mentioned something about it last week. Here in Holland you have idiots in the goverment calling for stricter rules, etc etc.
I'm scared it WILL be censored.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Dont know much about the whole blogging thing yet, so it still looks pretty damn basic, and as my pc is still broken (now on an old crappy machine) I cant make any graphics for the next 2 weeks orso), so it will just all be pretty basic untill I can put some more time in it.
I hope it will get a few visitors, and maybe if there are a bunch there can be a petition or whatever where we ask for an uncensored version of the game to be released.
Anyway, like I said, I'm pretty new to the whole blogging thing. I think it will take me a few hours a week to keep it up to date!?
If you guys have advice or help or whatever, then please feel free to help me out
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Bad news, looks like they're making it more accessible to mainstream tards. Along with the new trailer comes the official page on Xbox.com, which reveals something a little disturbing to hardcore gamers. You see, it looks like Ninja Gaiden 2 has been bitten by the "casual bug." According to the game's description on Xbox.com, it features "a newly implemented auto-healing functionality and save point system" that restores "semi-permanent damage" at save points. The new health system -- apparently coupled with numerous save points -- is obviously a nod to the more casual gamers out there, but it also serves as a warning sign to the hardcore gamers who found the original Ninja Gaiden's extreme difficulty to be a blessing. The official description notes that the game will be accessible to casual fans but also "challenging to even the most demanding gamers." We hope that's true, or else it could mean the last vestiges of old-school difficulty have finally been wrung from mainstream video games.
To summarize for folk, the game will have a new health system which will be somewhat similar to Halo 1's(recharging health, but also health you need to refill). The claw and weapon on his shoes work in a new fatality system which is what is doing all those gory kills in a couple of the leaked shots. The game is 360 exclusive and is being published by Microsoft(nixing any ps3 port plans, but also possibly giving us a chance at having an uncensored version in Australasia, right? Tecmo published the first NG).
I hope they DON'T make it easier! I want a stupidly hard game again! But lets be honest, how many of us have actually truthfully completed the original game on Master Ninja mode?
I want a game like Ninja Gaiden Black, where on Ninja Dog mode even your Grandma could beat it, but on Master Ninja mode you have to be truly skilled to win...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
As long as it keeps the same rock hard gameplay & unbeatable action, and features graphics as good as, or better, than those screenshots & the 720p videos, I'm going to be grinning like an idiot when it is finally released in 2008.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
It's been confirmed that the version that will be released in NZ will have decapitations in all their glory, so that should be a good indication of what to expect in the much larger European market.
Yeah what eva posted plus the secret achievements are for the completion of chapters and the valour side missions where you have to defeat a set number of enemy's!!
This game, well the combat at least is growing on me all the time!! I love it!!
Finished it! Fuck about, that was bloody hard!! Ended up 25th in the world, with 14334136 karma with a total game time of 8hrs and 49 minutes!!
Got 570 GP on my first playthough so thats not too bad!
Now onto warrior mode, basically post complettion the game gives you a choice.
You will start again at the begining of Chapter 1, your character status will be the same as when you completed the game. However, you will not be able to upload your score to the leaderboards. To begin a new game that allows you to upload your score, return to the menu and select NEW GAME. Do you want to begin the game?
I need all the help i can get and im already 25th in the world so ill stay as i am!