What Have You Just Seen... Marks Out of 5
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Axl Rose and friends aka The Guns & Roses Experience: Chinese Democracy Tour. Vector Arena, Auckland - 4/5
Axl had assembled a fine bunch of talented musicians, but it took the combined efforts of three guitarists to make up for the lack of Slash. The classics were epic when performed, but the new material ranged from average/unremarkable to utterly revolting.
He seriously has jumped the shark and totally gone Bono. Blunt political songs, one was intercut with speech by Martin Luther King. Jesus Fucking Christ. I hope this album never gets released. We have enough of that shit today from douche bag liberal musicians like U2 and Green Day, please don't taint the memories of those legendary hair metal songs.
Axl had assembled a fine bunch of talented musicians, but it took the combined efforts of three guitarists to make up for the lack of Slash. The classics were epic when performed, but the new material ranged from average/unremarkable to utterly revolting.
He seriously has jumped the shark and totally gone Bono. Blunt political songs, one was intercut with speech by Martin Luther King. Jesus Fucking Christ. I hope this album never gets released. We have enough of that shit today from douche bag liberal musicians like U2 and Green Day, please don't taint the memories of those legendary hair metal songs.
-
slasher13
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1799
- Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
I don't know, Amazon have the EH: Sp Ed for under a tenner, play has the special edition dvd case, but the people write that it does come in the tomb case, see http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1098572/ ... oduct.htmlbradavon wrote:Can EH be bought without the packaging?
You don't want the packaging?? Its great
-
Knetan
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2009
- Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
- Location: Sweden
hey,
The New Age Of Living Together 3/5
aka Conjugal Affairs and In Between, three intersecting stories of roomates (Jan Lam, Nicky Wu and Maggie Cheung) are directed by Samson Chiu, Yonfan and Sylvia Chang respectively. Fairly likeable results resides in the first two, touching upon crushes merely leaning towards friendship, fear of loneliness but Sylvia's contribution to Maggie Cheung's pregnancy story is delightful. Especially Eric Kot who plays her gay friend is hugely funny and endearing, despite basically being the Eric Kot we hate.
The New Age Of Living Together 3/5
aka Conjugal Affairs and In Between, three intersecting stories of roomates (Jan Lam, Nicky Wu and Maggie Cheung) are directed by Samson Chiu, Yonfan and Sylvia Chang respectively. Fairly likeable results resides in the first two, touching upon crushes merely leaning towards friendship, fear of loneliness but Sylvia's contribution to Maggie Cheung's pregnancy story is delightful. Especially Eric Kot who plays her gay friend is hugely funny and endearing, despite basically being the Eric Kot we hate.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
I'd have to agree overall Eva. Too many rock bands have gone all pop, Bon Jovi's stuff isn't remotely good as it used to be. Not that I've ever been a big fan of GAR or U2.
Nope. It looks nice but would take way too much space up, it's not worth it for me.slasher13 wrote:You don't want the packaging?? Its great
-
BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
- Location: Scotland
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Millennium Mambo: 1 / 5
Oh dear. I must've missed something.
Was I supposed to care about Shu Qi's character ?
That annoying bitch who spends most of her time doing absolutely nothing, apart from taking drugs and smoking cigarettes ?
Sorry, Mr Hou Hsiao-Hsien. I just can't.
I'll give you 1/5 for the opening sequence, but that's it.
Oh dear. I must've missed something.
Was I supposed to care about Shu Qi's character ?
That annoying bitch who spends most of her time doing absolutely nothing, apart from taking drugs and smoking cigarettes ?
Sorry, Mr Hou Hsiao-Hsien. I just can't.
I'll give you 1/5 for the opening sequence, but that's it.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Is that all you have to say?BiscLimpkit wrote:Dreamgirls 3.5/5
Not bad at all.
I've seen it twice and would own it if I wasn't waiting to get the HD where it will look awesome. The soundtrack is awesome too. I even bought the CD for it.
-
BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
- Location: Scotland
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22166
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
degeneration
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1474
- Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 08:49
- Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)
Lost Season 3 5/5
Loved it. Fecking brilliant. but I hated it. Why oh why oh why can't they just answer some of the questions that have been hanging over the series since it started?!?!?! It is so bloody annoying still waiting to find out so many answers!! And I thought the finale would have answered some but posed some others, but to me it just seemed as though more questions and mysteries were raised!
Never enjoyed being frustrated so much...
Loved it. Fecking brilliant. but I hated it. Why oh why oh why can't they just answer some of the questions that have been hanging over the series since it started?!?!?! It is so bloody annoying still waiting to find out so many answers!! And I thought the finale would have answered some but posed some others, but to me it just seemed as though more questions and mysteries were raised!
Never enjoyed being frustrated so much...
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
My opinion to the letter except that in retrospect the opening is rubbish too, it's like it's for a completely different film.tom2681 wrote:Millennium Mambo: 1 / 5
Oh dear. I must've missed something.
Was I supposed to care about Shu Qi's character ?
That annoying bitch who spends most of her time doing absolutely nothing, apart from taking drugs and smoking cigarettes ?
Sorry, Mr Hou Hsiao-Hsien. I just can't.
I'll give you 1/5 for the opening sequence, but that's it.
-
BiscLimpkit
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4727
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
- Location: Scotland
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Deserves maybe half a star, if that. Oscar wanna be crapfest.bradavon wrote:Is that all you have to say?BiscLimpkit wrote:Dreamgirls 3.5/5
Not bad at all.. It's freaking awesome. I'd give it 8 out of 10 easily. Eddie Murphy is excellent and it shows he still has it when he can be bothered.
I've seen it twice and would own it if I wasn't waiting to get the HD where it will look awesome. The soundtrack is awesome too. I even bought the CD for it.
-
Knetan
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2009
- Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
- Location: Sweden
hey,
The Game They Called Sex 3/5
Maggie Cheung stars as a woman living with tradition of being married but is looking for an emotional release in the form of love. Dare you long for that and how much will it hurt to actually find some time to feel, walking the path of life? Dangerously pretentious but generally intriguing drama by three directors (Sylvia Chang being one) and we're glad to not to expect the expected in terms of dramatic beats. In fact, the film never really settles for an end which is fine.
The Game They Called Sex 3/5
Maggie Cheung stars as a woman living with tradition of being married but is looking for an emotional release in the form of love. Dare you long for that and how much will it hurt to actually find some time to feel, walking the path of life? Dangerously pretentious but generally intriguing drama by three directors (Sylvia Chang being one) and we're glad to not to expect the expected in terms of dramatic beats. In fact, the film never really settles for an end which is fine.
-
brooce-leroy
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1279
- Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52
Because it's going to stretch for another 3 seasons, and probably end up like X Files, with lots of stuff left unanswered. Still good though.degeneration wrote:Lost Season 3 5/5
Loved it. Fecking brilliant. but I hated it. Why oh why oh why can't they just answer some of the questions that have been hanging over the series since it started?!?!?! It is so bloody annoying still waiting to find out so many answers!! And I thought the finale would have answered some but posed some others, but to me it just seemed as though more questions and mysteries were raised!
-
brooce-leroy
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1279
- Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52
Knetan wrote:hey,
The Game They Called Sex 3/5
Maggie Cheung stars as a woman living with tradition of being married but is looking for an emotional release in the form of love. Dare you long for that and how much will it hurt to actually find some time to feel, walking the path of life? Dangerously pretentious but generally intriguing drama by three directors (Sylvia Chang being one) and we're glad to not to expect the expected in terms of dramatic beats. In fact, the film never really settles for an end which is fine.
Any actual sexual games (in a physical sense) in it then?
-
brooce-leroy
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1279
- Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
-
Knetan
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2009
- Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
- Location: Sweden
It's a good question and the title is actually a tease as you think it will head down some sexual awakening paths but doesn't. Obviously young Maggie didn't at one career point reveal her points but I kind of like this tease. Gives way to something more meaningful, which contains a perspective on Chinese societ....I'm boring you btw?brooce-leroy wrote:Knetan wrote:hey,
The Game They Called Sex 3/5
Maggie Cheung stars as a woman living with tradition of being married but is looking for an emotional release in the form of love. Dare you long for that and how much will it hurt to actually find some time to feel, walking the path of life? Dangerously pretentious but generally intriguing drama by three directors (Sylvia Chang being one) and we're glad to not to expect the expected in terms of dramatic beats. In fact, the film never really settles for an end which is fine.
Any actual sexual games (in a physical sense) in it then?
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22166
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
tom2681
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 5577
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
- Location: Where you'll never find me
Still Life (2006 - China - Jia Zhang-Ke): 2 / 5

Booooring.
Yes, the cinematography is beautiful.
Yes, the acting is great.
But it's so slow...
Makes Wong Kar-Wai's movies look like epileptic MTV videos.
I've never been so bored in my entire life.
---
I understand why it got an award at the Venice film festival, though.
It's exactly the kind of film that pseudo-intellectuals like.

Booooring.
Yes, the cinematography is beautiful.
Yes, the acting is great.
But it's so slow...
Makes Wong Kar-Wai's movies look like epileptic MTV videos.
I've never been so bored in my entire life.
---
I understand why it got an award at the Venice film festival, though.
It's exactly the kind of film that pseudo-intellectuals like.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City

