Crimson Rivers 2: Angel of The Apcolypse (R1)

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Crimson Rivers 2: Angel of The Apcolypse (R1)

Post by grim_tales »

Has anyone seen this? :) I'm sure City-Hunter (on Old Bullets) saw this ages ago and said it wasn't very good but I was interested in this because (IMO) Crimson Rivers was a very good movie :)

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/043396097070

DESCRIPTION
Jean Reno returns as the brooding Inspector Niemans, searching for the force behind a new series of grisly killings. In this riveting, action-packed sequel to sensational thriller Crimson Rivers, Niemans teams with a fiery, young detective to solve the bizarre case and the ancient prophecy that threatens to destroy an entire civilization

:D

Shame Vincent Cassel isn't coming back but Jean Reno (Leon, Ronin) is always good value.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Is Axel your new Play? :wink:

I heard it was wack so haven't bothered. I've yet to see the original. I know the DVD though.

p.s - It's £9.99 from CD WOW.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

LOL, no just where I came across it. ;)
Maybe I'll wait see if its out on R2, have you seen the original? :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

just got the region 1 from dvdsoon for around £8. i'll give it a watch shortly.
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Grim please re-read my post! :)
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

D'oh! :D
So you haven't seen it fair enough :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

just watched it.it's nowhere near the level of the original,it's a bit daft tbh but it's got a few nice setpieces and jean reno always makes a film watchable. i'll be keeping it :P
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Its' out on R2 now so I'll rent the R2 and see what I think. :)
The back cover (serial killing basing his killings on the 12 Apostles) sounds very much like Se7en :P