AWOL - Widescreen edition anywhere?

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

AWOL - Widescreen edition anywhere?

Post by Markgway »

The UK DVD is unkutten, but pam and spam.

Boo!

The audio is also out-of-sync. I'm thinking about getting the old VHS instead.

Can anyone provide an alternative that isn't utter shite?
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

The Van Damme film? The US title is Lionheart, in case you were having difficulty finding it.

The only widescreen version listed on dvdcompare, is a non-anamorphic French release w/ near VHS quality and forced French subs (under the title Full Contact)... sounds like utter shite to me.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I'd search some European and Asian e-tailors. I often find I can source better releases from the mainland or Asia.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

EvaUnit02 wrote:The Van Damme film? The US title is Lionheart, in case you were having difficulty finding it.
Sorry, yeah. I knew that. I should perhaps have said in my original post. It's Wrong Bet in Australia, right?
The only widescreen version listed on dvdcompare, is a non-anamorphic French release w/ near VHS quality and forced French subs (under the title Full Contact)... sounds like utter shite to me.
Forced French subs? Crap. Wouldn't touch it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

LOL why so many names? Which is the best?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

There is No widescreen version that I know of and I have asked many VD experts too :) (well none that we want that is)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

VD: Isn't that a sexually transmitted infection? :D
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:VD: Isn't that a sexually transmitted infection? :D
You would know, Brad.... :wink:
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Seems quite odd, since there's decent releases of every other Van Damme flick from his first proper vehicle onwards, Bloodsport.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

It must be because film stuios are wankers
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Markgway wrote:Sorry, yeah. I knew that. I should perhaps have said in my original post. It's Wrong Bet in Australia, right?
Yes, according to the net at least. I can't find an R4 listing anywhere. Strange this film isn't released down here on DVD while virtually every other fucking Van Damme flick is. Back in the early years of DVD, Van Damme had more flicks released in the R4 market than any other "actor" (if you can classify him as such :wink:).