This one looks simple and effective.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=472940
Also this - http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=383305 which seems alike.
Anti-spam mods
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
It's better than it was before Xmas. Whether that's because of the new forum engine Mordib put on (hence the modifications being lost) or he got bored for 2 minutes I don't know.
Yesterday's attacks were the first since Xmas day. Alas we're not alone The Import Forum gets spam too, there's are even worse.
Yesterday's attacks were the first since Xmas day. Alas we're not alone The Import Forum gets spam too, there's are even worse.
-
mdreamUK
- Jackie Chan's BIG toe
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 03 Nov 2006, 19:09
I do too, but I`ve written a code snippet in the M-Dream CMS area so I can remove a poster, all topics, ban their username, e-mail and ip at the click of a button. Makes it easier. I remove all bots whether they have posted messages or not. I just check boxes next to the usernames and they are history.
Its a pain in the arse basically, but the more I ban, I notice the less and less frequent its getting. Problem with these PHP boards is, they are too big for their own good. Too many features means more security holes. At least phpBB isn`t as bad as Invision.
I have implemented one of the above mods on my own board, so we`ll see how it goes.
:shock:
Its a pain in the arse basically, but the more I ban, I notice the less and less frequent its getting. Problem with these PHP boards is, they are too big for their own good. Too many features means more security holes. At least phpBB isn`t as bad as Invision.
I have implemented one of the above mods on my own board, so we`ll see how it goes.
:shock:
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
