Note: The 1:85 shots come from a DVD-Rip.
All I know about it is that there's a 1:85 NTSC DVD out there with 5.1 mandarin audio. Don't know where to find it, though.
Note2: Picture quality is irrelevant here. You can't compare a DivX to a DVD.
WTF !!!
My 1:85 DVD-Rip is actually longer than my R1 DVD !!
There are several added shots in many scenes.
Fuck ! My Edko bootleg has these shots too.
OMFG they've changed the ending on the R1 too ?!
And they've removed Jet Li's Wushu demo from the beginning as well ?!
Did anybody KNOW about this ???????
OK, let's simplify this:
-The Edko is 2:35; is 1:45:15 long; doesn't have the deleted fight scene in the village.
-The R1US unrated cut is 2:35; is 1:43:33 long (those f*ckers have removed 90 seconds of footage); has the deleted fight scene as an extra.
-My DVD-Rip is 1:85; is 1:45:18 long. Same as the Edko, but different framing.
Mark: What is the PRECISE duration of your R2UK ? Thanks.
Anyway, here's the comparison (expect more info real soon):
Last edited by tom2681 on 04 Jan 2007, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Done.
Mark, if you can't capture the subs, just write them down.
That'll be good enough.
And if you can add the 2 new caps from your R2UK, that'd be nice too.
Thanks in advance.
EDIT:
So far, I'd say the R1 is a bit sharper.
Still, it's got some kind of greenish tint that I don't recall seeing on my Edko.
Last edited by tom2681 on 02 Jan 2007, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
tom2681 wrote:Done.
Mark, if you can't capture the subs, just write them down.
That'll be good enough.
I can't capture optional subs for some reason.
There's a thread at the ADVDG in the Reviews section where myself and The Running Man have outlined the differences in translations between the R1 and R2. It'll be more useful to see an entire passage than my posting just that one line.
The R2 seems a bit brighter. Look at the detail you can see in the black suit in cap 3. You can see only a mess of black on the R1. Also I'd debate whether the R1 was sharper. Maybe the other way round if anything?
There's discussion on it in the Fearless thread? Romero came up with that hilarious chicken fat woman's boob example. I expected the UK to have HOH, that's why I asked. If it's false then I'd like to give a hiding to the moron who started it.
Sweet, cheers. Easy the press release said they were
Markgway wrote:The R2 seems a bit brighter. Look at the detail you can see in the black suit in cap 3. You can see only a mess of black on the R1. Also I'd debate whether the R1 was sharper. Maybe the other way round if anything?
They're so close that IMO I don't care.
Tom: What are the R1 extras like? At least it has some.
IMO, the R1 is sharper in close-ups but softer in wide shots.
@Brad:
The R1 has the "Thai fighter vs Jet" deleted scene and a 16-minute promotional featurette (nothing too fancy).
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
tom2681 wrote:Subtitle for Deaf and Hard of hearing.
Hmmm. Well either the packaging is wrong and/or they changed their minds or you need some decoder or something to access that SDH version? I checked fight scenes and there's no mention of sound effects, crowd sequences and there's no mention of applause or cheering, etc. I can't say absolutely that there's nothing because I haven't watched the whole film. But I checked enough to lead me to believe there're no captions. I think maybe what is meant by SDH in this case is that the English dialogue (a few lines I beleive) is also subtitled. I couldn't remember where in the film that takes place, but I seem to recall a few complaints about it.
7 minutes; 31 mb; DivX codec; mp3 sound; burnt-in subtitles via VobSub.
Quality is slightly better than a Youtube vid.
(Try to) enjoy.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".