Bill Murray's "Stripes" Extended cut R1...

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Bill Murray's "Stripes" Extended cut R1...

Post by grim_tales »

I came across this... maybe this thread should be called "EE's no one asked for!" :D

Stripes is a fun fulm (the 1st half in paticular is hilarious and Bill Murray is great) but I was wondering what the point of this is? Will they:

a) put in more character development
b) flesh out the story
c) put in some really "hilarious" stuff that was cut from the original
d) none of the above

If you answered d) Congratulations you've won £1m... ;)
No, I might check this out but longer doesnt always mean better, they probably just want to make money! :D

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread ... ge=2&pp=25
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

actually i read about this a couple of years ago.ivan reitman & harold ramis have been working on it a while.don't think it's the usual cash-in.been waiting for this,it's why i sold my bare bones region 1.
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hmm.. so are they saying its a real director's cut? :D Could be interesting. I saw it on TV a while ago and thought it was pretty funny :D

OT (sorry) but I thought I also heard about a new SE for Ghostbusters (20th Anniversary) somewhere?