The Bullets BUGS Thread!

gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

The Bullets BUGS Thread!

Post by gojensen »

Hey, PMs are not working...

Posting PMs (atleast from me to mordib) resulted in

Code: Select all

SQL Error : 1196 Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables couldn't be rolled back

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig) VALUES (1, 'Bugs...', 35, 10, 1108994920, '9e2698eb', 0, 1, 1, 1)

Line : 1277
File : /home3/bnbadmin/public_html/phpBB2/privmsg.php
And Mordib should upgrade to 2.0.11 if this system is indeed running 2.0.0.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
gojensen
King of Beggars
Posts: 603
Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 10:44
Location: Norway

Post by gojensen »

Hey Mordib, could you email me please?

You should have my email addy available in the admin panel...
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

ok, email posted (hopefully to the right address). i can be got at mordib@theripe.com or on msn at L97122335@hotmail.com as well if anyone ever needs to contact me.
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Bugger I just noticed I lost all my PMs! bugger the transfer over seemed to have wiped them :(
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

This can be the official BUGS thread. There is another Mordib is aware of listed here:

https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... .php?t=377
Last edited by bradavon on 20 Mar 2005, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

Hi, just a little update, all the old u2u messages still exist, i just havent figured out how to transfer them yet. The current pming actually works, the error message is complaining that it cant tell you its been successfully sent or something equally stupid. Again, not come up with a solution yet. I think Gojensen is also having a think about this too. anyone else who thinks they know whats up most welcome...

Once the frontend is up the forum will be wider!! Still havent spotted this last post problem. Haven't got round to getting a post hack up yet (sorry Toge!).

Have started on the frontend (2 weekends worth of work more after this one?? not sure yet, but looking good) and will be contacting those who have expressed interest in reviewing soon, in the mean time the challenge is to post some reviews up in the review forum!! Don't be shy!!

Anyone fancy being a news collector??

back to my volcano lair to do more coding... hope your all having a good weekend!

m.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Huh?

I've looked in my outbox and as you say Mordib the pm's are being sent but when I look in one a "completely" different pm is shown. It has absolutely nothing to do with the message I sent Nils on banning words, for example.

I don't believe it was me who even typed what it says. One is from Grim to another member (it reads like he typed it anyway).
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 08:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Post by degeneration »

Don't know whether this is happening to everyone, but I noticed when I was updating my trade/sale thread, that the bold tags weren't working.

I've got [ b ] [ / b ] (but without the spaces) all through that thread but nothing there is coming up in bold!!!
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

fixed, below where you enter the message there are four tick boxes for options, you had 'dissable bbcode' ticked for some reason, hence none of the bbcode tags were working. tis now fixed ;)
Image
User avatar
degeneration
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1474
Joined: 30 Oct 2004, 08:49
Location: Wales (but I'm Scottish!!)

Post by degeneration »

Ooops. My bad! Sorry!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I've found often this option and the html one re-tick themselves or when creating new posts they are ticked by default. It is most annoying.

Any ideas Mordib?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Does anyone else have problems with the cookies on this forum? When I click on the new post symbol, it often takes me back to the same place time after time, even though I've read it and am a page or two ahead of that!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Nope.

Do you mean the "new topic" button at the top of each page? -

https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... topic&f=18
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Not sure if it's been covered, but am I doing something wrong in sending a PM? I have had one in my outbox for sometime. Isn't it supposed to move to the sentbox after it's been, well, sent? Is there something I'm missing out on doing?

Ta.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

This confused me at first.

It should stay in the out box until the person you've sent it to has opened it. It will then move it to the sent items. It doesn't work the same way as Outlook.

It's actually sent it when it's in the out box, it just hasn't been opened yet. I'm not sure if the person receiving just needs to open their Personal Messages or Open the actual message for it to be moved though.

Did you PM someone who's rarely on Bullets? If so that will be why.

IHTH
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Thanks for clearing that up; I was under the e-mailing idea in that it needed to be sent from me for someone to receive it. If it's only moved to the sentbox once one has read the message, then that's much more acceptable in terms of time :)

Cheers.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Out box or Sent Items they'll have it. Confusing wording I know.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

Not a bug, as far as I can tell, but is there something wrong with the images filestore? I can't even get in to delete old pics, let alone upload new ones...
Has this to do with BnB dying the other day?
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

You're not the first to mention this. I'll let Mordib know.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I couldn't upload images either.
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

yep sorry folks, new and improved on the way
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Gné ? :cyclops:

Image

This forum can be weird, sometimes. :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I noticed that too :D

Also for a time I kept getting CONNECTION REFUSED.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

What does "gné" mean, is it like "Huh?"
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

image uploader is fixed
Image