Film Reviews and Release Comparisons
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11930 Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Post
by HungFist » 10 Oct 2006, 16:54
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me
Post
by tom2681 » 10 Oct 2006, 17:36
This is why I hate Animeigo.
Always tampering with the colours...
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 10 Oct 2006, 17:58
Are these films as good as they say?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11930 Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Post
by HungFist » 10 Oct 2006, 18:29
Yes. They don't quite match the quality of Lone Wolf and Cub but then again, nothing does.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 10 Oct 2006, 19:06
Which is the best English friendly version? Cheers
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11930 Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Post
by HungFist » 10 Oct 2006, 19:09
Animeigo, unfortunately
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 10 Oct 2006, 19:20
I was asking about the first film sorry. Is it still the R1? I'm sure there's an R4 from Madman.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 10 Oct 2006, 19:25
Animego looks to colourful/bright
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11930 Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Post
by HungFist » 10 Oct 2006, 19:30
bradavon wrote: I was asking about the first film sorry. Is it still the R1? I'm sure there's an R4 from Madman.
I think someone said EE uses Animeigo's transfer (NTSC to PAL I assume)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 10 Oct 2006, 20:25
Damn thanks
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059 Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City
Post
by thelostdragon » 10 Oct 2006, 23:28
As for part one, the German disc is the best version to get. Unfortunately, you'll need to create your own subs as it only features German subs:
http://web12.dvd2web.de/snowblood/snowblood.htm
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 14 Oct 2006, 07:27
The R4's for both Lady Snowblood 1&2 are NTSC>PAL, so they automatically fail.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 15 Oct 2006, 01:51
From what I gather Animego often oversaturate their colours.
The Toho is definately better (if slightly lacking in colour).