Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Post by grim_tales »

I found this while browsing through TVShowsonDVD.com - almost exactly a year ago, Volume 1 (the first "mini-season") of the old school TMNT ("Hero Turtles" over here) was released uncut on US DVD. Now Lion's Gate will (hopefully) release all 13 uncut episodes of Season 2 (I'm sure Cooey would be happy if he were reading this) on April 26.
YEEESSSSSS! :D

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaseinfo ... aseID=4515

Tuurtle Powwer! :P

Image

The image at TVShowsonDVD is here -

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2828

I hope they improve the box, it was too hard to get the case out of the outer box for some reason on Season 1, so I wound up destroying it :D :cry: Maybe Season 2 will be a normal slipcase.
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Cooool but I quite like the new TMNT. Wonder how that's doing? I think they are quite close to the comics...
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,

TMNT: S2 is a measly $11 at Amazon.com....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Post by EvaUnit02 »

grim_tales wrote: old school TMNT ("Hero Turtles" over here)
I was aware of this.

Jesus, the BBFC were (and still are) cracked in the head. Censoring words like "ninja", cutting out the use of melee weapons, cutting kicks and headbutts.

I'm so glad the NZ (and Aussie, cuz our R4 DVDs are made for their market) censor board is totally liberal. The likes of I Spit on Your Grave, Last House on the Left, etc are available here fully uncut.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I don't know, if the BBFC were to classify TMNT (the cartoon) today instead of the 80's/90's, I'm pretty sure the series would get through uncut in its original form. Ninjas and their weapons, nanchuku etc aren't illegal now, look at the Bruce Lee films. :)
Hell, the film got through uncut recently. I think in one bit Michaelangelo wielded a string of sausages like nanchukus :P so this was cut in the original release, Mike's whole nanchuku battle was dropped.