Film Reviews and Release Comparisons
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932 Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Post
by HungFist » 26 May 2006, 17:50
R1 USA Book of the Dead (Anchor Bay) vs. R2 Scandinavia (Sandrew Metronome/Kinowelt)
R1 Book of the Dead
R2 Scadinavia
R1 Book of the Dead
R2 Scandinavia
R1 Book of the Dead
R2 Scandinavia
R1 Book of the Dead
R2 Scandinavia
R1 Book of the Dead
R2 Scandinavia
R1 Book of the Dead
R2 Scandinavia
1. 6:32 (NTSC), 6:16 (PAL)
2. 9:58 (NTSC), 9:33 (PAL) (360 --> sun --> this shot)
3. 10:26 (NTSC), 10:03 (PAL) (”join us”)
4. 11:14 (NTSC), 10:49 (PAL)
5. 65:50 (NTSC), 63:12 (PAL)
6. 79:10 (NTSC), 75:51 (PAL)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 26 May 2006, 17:51
R2 looks way too dark IMO.
Is the R2 UK Momentum the same as the Scandavian one?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932 Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Post
by HungFist » 26 May 2006, 17:53
No idea. Caps from other versions are welcome.
Interesting difference in framing.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 26 May 2006, 22:28
i have the book of the dead region 1.great transfer,would be hard to top.there's no contest with the scandanavian shown here,way too dark as grim said.
working class blu-ray fan
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059 Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City
Post
by thelostdragon » 26 May 2006, 22:30
Have the German disc of it. If anybody is interested, I can post the caps of it.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932 Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Post
by HungFist » 26 May 2006, 22:50
thelostdragon wrote: Have the German disc of it. If anybody is interested, I can post the caps of it.
Great, thanks.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 26 May 2006, 22:55
God this film is awful. I just wanted to say that
. It's the only Evil Dead I've seen and believe me when I say "it's enough".
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 26 May 2006, 22:59
bradavon wrote: God this film is awful. I just wanted to say that
. It's the only Evil Dead I've seen and believe me when I say "it's enough".
:shock:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 27 May 2006, 00:58
Evil Dead II is the best of the trilogy.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059 Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City
Post
by thelostdragon » 27 May 2006, 01:25
I love "Army of Darkness".
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 27 May 2006, 13:00
The R2UK Momentum release is exactly the same as the German release. Momentum = UK arm of Kinowelt.
Anyway, I'm happy with my Momentum release. Might get AB's remaster when it's out in HD and a clear winner of the format war is established.
captainjoe
King of Beggars
Posts: 667 Joined: 24 Jul 2006, 00:46
Location: Alberta, Canada
Post
by captainjoe » 23 Jan 2008, 22:22
I finally got around to watching the Blu-ray of this. The transfer is definately the same one from the "Book of the Dead" edition. It looks pretty good but I had trouble with the heavy DNR they used. If it wasn't for the grain reduction it would have been a great picture instead of a decent picture.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380 Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
Post
by Killer Meteor » 01 Oct 2008, 14:19
Can anyone add caps from Anchor Bay's 2000 THX master?
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Old Pang Yau
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 234 Joined: 24 Mar 2007, 04:02
Post
by Old Pang Yau » 03 Oct 2008, 02:48
Ivan Drago wrote: Can anyone add caps from Anchor Bay's 2000 THX master?
I think I have that version lurking about... give me some time
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380 Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
Post
by Killer Meteor » 03 Oct 2008, 10:51
thanks
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932 Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Post
by HungFist » 03 Oct 2008, 16:37
those old caps are taken with powerdvd, if you want to take that into consideration
captainjoe
King of Beggars
Posts: 667 Joined: 24 Jul 2006, 00:46
Location: Alberta, Canada
Post
by captainjoe » 11 Oct 2008, 02:29
The THX mastered disc is the best, even beating the new blu-ray! There's is such terrible DNR on the Anchorbay BOTD and the BD that it completely robs the picture of detail.
captainjoe
King of Beggars
Posts: 667 Joined: 24 Jul 2006, 00:46
Location: Alberta, Canada
Post
by captainjoe » 11 Oct 2008, 02:29
The THX mastered disc is the best, even beating the new blu-ray! There's is such terrible DNR on the Anchorbay BOTD and the BD that it completely robs the picture of detail.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150 Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Post
by EvaUnit02 » 11 Oct 2008, 11:52
Is there a comparison of the Region A Anchor Bay BD vs. the R-B Optimum release floating around anywhere?