The Omen

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

The Omen

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Aye the teaser for this had me spooked. It's out on the 6th of August, 2006. I.e. 6,6,06

Anyone else slightly freaked out by this? :(
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Do you mean 6 August or 6 June? ;)
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I'm sure it'll be just as lame as the original - probably worse.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22166
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

[Grim mode]I havent seen the original[/Grim mode off]

:D
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Dammit... how embarassing, :oops:
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

the original was a good movie imo.gregory peck was excellent.
working class blu-ray fan
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

My friend reckons the original is far better than The Exorcist, I haven't seen it so I'll go by his word.

Modern horror film remakes tend to be awful anyway, I don't expect this to be any different. Romero and/or Tom will prolly think it's the best thing since sliced bread though. ;)
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

The Exorcist is far better than The Omen.

The Omen is cheesy schlock disguised to an extent by a good cast.

The decapitation is quite outstanding though.
Image