Leon: Deluxe Edition Review!
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Leon: Deluxe Edition Review!
[img]http://www.dvdtalk.com/covers/B0006GVJEE.jpg[/img] Hi everyone I hope you had a nice Christmas and New Year.
Here is the first AFAIK review of the upcoming Leon: SE - [u]http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=13832[/u]
This is clearly a SB Deluxe in all but name as the extras would've probably fitted on disc 1 but still they look decent enough and it's just nice to have extras period on a Luc Besson DVD (they do add up to nearly an hour too!). My biggest worry was over the audio, would they re-use the dodgy audio from the SB DVD and thankfully they haven't:
[i]"Comparing this to the previous Superbit release yields evidence that this is not the same DTS mix. There is more bass, and more action from the rear channels."[/i]
I have zero interest in the theatrical cut, the DC is far superior making it redundant. I'll be upgrading from my R1 DC for sure.
It's only £10.38 from DVD Soon:
[u]http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-detai ... er_id=1005[/u]
Or £11.33 from DVD Pacific:
[u]http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=632930[/u]
[Edited on 2-1-2005 by bradavon]
Here is the first AFAIK review of the upcoming Leon: SE - [u]http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=13832[/u]
This is clearly a SB Deluxe in all but name as the extras would've probably fitted on disc 1 but still they look decent enough and it's just nice to have extras period on a Luc Besson DVD (they do add up to nearly an hour too!). My biggest worry was over the audio, would they re-use the dodgy audio from the SB DVD and thankfully they haven't:
[i]"Comparing this to the previous Superbit release yields evidence that this is not the same DTS mix. There is more bass, and more action from the rear channels."[/i]
I have zero interest in the theatrical cut, the DC is far superior making it redundant. I'll be upgrading from my R1 DC for sure.
It's only £10.38 from DVD Soon:
[u]http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-detai ... er_id=1005[/u]
Or £11.33 from DVD Pacific:
[u]http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=632930[/u]
[Edited on 2-1-2005 by bradavon]
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
the Fullscreen version of T3 does exist in many countries. You just have not searched for it.
where do you think the caps are from? the TV 1.85.1 version is even more footage!
and Besson is a pointless person to blame really they dont need him for anything, everyione else wants to contribute they could do hours and hours of amazing extras easily, Besson AI dont give a shit about as he has nothing to do with dvd.
[Edited on 2-1-2005 by romerojpg]
and Besson is a pointless person to blame really they dont need him for anything, everyione else wants to contribute they could do hours and hours of amazing extras easily, Besson AI dont give a shit about as he has nothing to do with dvd.
[Edited on 2-1-2005 by romerojpg]
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Hey yes its cheap, and very tempting to upgrade
the thing is its just soo disapointing and it just gets to me that they havent done the masterpice of a film justice, yet again
this is the 5th release (I thknk) and they still need a lot of work to get the film and the dvds equal
but hey 7 quid sounds nice if I can Ebay my old versions.
-
ReconFive
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 519
- Joined: 26 Dec 2004, 05:56
- Location: Bangkok, Thailand
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
From what I am hearing theres barley no difference at all between the DTS and 5.1, so really beats the point of the DTS really, I would rather have a stunning transfer and 5.1 instead of DTS.
I personaly expect another release soon! in some other region which blows this so called special editon away! hopefully a french edition will come along and we all know what staggering work they do, fingers crossed.
I personaly expect another release soon! in some other region which blows this so called special editon away! hopefully a french edition will come along and we all know what staggering work they do, fingers crossed.
-
brooce-leroy
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1279
- Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
the Fullscreen version of T3 does exist in many countries. You just have not searched for it.
where do you think the caps are from? the TV 1.85.1 version is even more footage![/quote]
Sorry my bad. I'm surprised you don't own it then.
Is it out on DVD in this form? If not it doesn't interest me.
[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
and Besson is a pointless person to blame really they dont need him for anything, everyione else wants to contribute they could do hours and hours of amazing extras easily, Besson AI dont give a shit about as he has nothing to do with dvd.[/quote]
LOL he did direct the film and write the story. He's an important person.
What does AI mean? I heard a Portman commentary was supposed to be on it
.
IMO there is little point moaning over what we didn't get. I'm going to concentrate on what we did get and that is nearly an hour of new extras.
[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
Hey yes its cheap, and very tempting to upgrade
the thing is its just soo disapointing and it just gets to me that they havent done the masterpice of a film justice, yet again
this is the 5th release (I thknk) and they still need a lot of work to get the film and the dvds equal
but hey 7 quid sounds nice if I can Ebay my old versions. [/quote]
LOL you're a walking contradiction. One minute you say:
[i]Its shit I [b]wont bother[/b] at all a load of shite![/i] and then you say:
[i][b]very tempting[/b] to upgrade[/i]
In the space of under 2 hours
. Hopefully "Universal" one day will pull their finger out of their ass and release a Leon: SE in the UK, we've only had 1 release and it's the inferior Theatrical Cut.
[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
From what I am hearing theres barley no difference at all between the DTS and 5.1, so really beats the point of the DTS really, I would rather have a stunning transfer and 5.1 instead of DTS.[/quote]
Of course who wouldn't but considering the picture is the same and the sound about the same it's down to extras here.
[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
I personaly expect another release soon! in some other region which blows this so called special editon away! hopefully a french edition will come along and we all know what staggering work they do, fingers crossed. [/quote]
Fingers crossed.
I'm still upgrading
[quote][i]Originally posted by saltysam[/i]
at under £7 with the fidelity card i will be getting leon. [/quote]
Huh from where? It's £10 at DVD Soon.
What's this fidelity card?
[Edited on 3-1-2005 by bradavon]
the Fullscreen version of T3 does exist in many countries. You just have not searched for it.
Sorry my bad. I'm surprised you don't own it then.
Is it out on DVD in this form? If not it doesn't interest me.
[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
and Besson is a pointless person to blame really they dont need him for anything, everyione else wants to contribute they could do hours and hours of amazing extras easily, Besson AI dont give a shit about as he has nothing to do with dvd.[/quote]
LOL he did direct the film and write the story. He's an important person.
What does AI mean? I heard a Portman commentary was supposed to be on it
IMO there is little point moaning over what we didn't get. I'm going to concentrate on what we did get and that is nearly an hour of new extras.
[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
Hey yes its cheap, and very tempting to upgrade
LOL you're a walking contradiction. One minute you say:
[i]Its shit I [b]wont bother[/b] at all a load of shite![/i] and then you say:
[i][b]very tempting[/b] to upgrade[/i]
In the space of under 2 hours
[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
From what I am hearing theres barley no difference at all between the DTS and 5.1, so really beats the point of the DTS really, I would rather have a stunning transfer and 5.1 instead of DTS.[/quote]
Of course who wouldn't but considering the picture is the same and the sound about the same it's down to extras here.
[quote][i]Originally posted by romerojpg[/i]
I personaly expect another release soon! in some other region which blows this so called special editon away! hopefully a french edition will come along and we all know what staggering work they do, fingers crossed. [/quote]
Fingers crossed.
I'm still upgrading
[quote][i]Originally posted by saltysam[/i]
at under £7 with the fidelity card i will be getting leon. [/quote]
Huh from where? It's £10 at DVD Soon.
What's this fidelity card?
[Edited on 3-1-2005 by bradavon]
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
[quote]
I remember something about it but it was along time ago.
It's a debit card right? I take it it only works at certain stores?
[/quote]
No not at all,
go to the thread on it and look as you have totally the wrong idea, all you do is pay $50 and you then get deals and join into a membership deal with dvdsoon and at the moment get 25% off etc...
I remember something about it but it was along time ago.
It's a debit card right? I take it it only works at certain stores?
[/quote]
No not at all,
go to the thread on it and look as you have totally the wrong idea, all you do is pay $50 and you then get deals and join into a membership deal with dvdsoon and at the moment get 25% off etc...
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
[quote][i]Originally posted by grim_tales[/i]
Isnt the DC on the Korean version a port of the R1 "International Version"? I too thought the audio on that was very good. [/quote]
It could be, who knows for sure.
I don't mind upgrading if I think it warrants it AND the previous DVD hasn't only just come out. That annoys me. But if the upgrade (say Il Mare original Korean DVD to the SE) is a big improvement then I'm happy enough.
Isnt the DC on the Korean version a port of the R1 "International Version"? I too thought the audio on that was very good. [/quote]
It could be, who knows for sure.
I don't mind upgrading if I think it warrants it AND the previous DVD hasn't only just come out. That annoys me. But if the upgrade (say Il Mare original Korean DVD to the SE) is a big improvement then I'm happy enough.