Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 01 Nov 2005, 07:53
Anyone going to see this? Looks very good
Apparently its the most expensive mini-series ever (or something like that).
No doubt some will be watching for all the sex, nudity and violence...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/rome/
I've heard a 2nd season has already been comissioned, if its not being shown in the US. I'm sure there'll be a DVD too.
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673 Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru
Post
by Mordib » 01 Nov 2005, 08:31
its a frigging awesome series, some great characters, and yes mucho mucho sex, nudity and violence....
"you will penetrate someone by the end of the day or I will burn your books in the courtyard"
"yes mother...."
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 01 Nov 2005, 08:47
I've heard one character greets another as "Brutus, me old cock!"
The ordinary Romans probably did speak like that to each other anyway (except it was Latin)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520 Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Post
by romerojpg » 01 Nov 2005, 16:43
BBC have CUT it to hell so no way I am watching it
Will just get the real uncut thing on dvd, no way I will watch somthing cut by massive amounts! 50 minutes from the 1st 3 spisodes alone from what I have read!
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 01 Nov 2005, 17:44
Huh? I didnt know that. Each episode is in a 50 minute slot.
I may well get it on DVD if its ever released then (and if its any good).
Unrealnils
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 278 Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 15:05
Post
by Unrealnils » 03 Nov 2005, 16:52
And they wonder why i download stuff...........
Its uncut, earlier and betterpicture and sound
Constantly M.I.A
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 01 Dec 2005, 12:31
Good episode last night. I liked the "You will penetrate someone by the end of the day" line
..........
(Theyre all on a ship to Greece, during a storm).
"This is cack! I'm wet through!"
"We'll be safe. We made a good offering to Triton"
"If Triton can't keep me dry, he can suck my cock! (!)"
slasher13
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1799 Joined: 03 Dec 2004, 09:15
Post
by slasher13 » 01 Dec 2005, 14:46
Yeah i so like this series, it very good, can't wait for tonight episode
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 01 Dec 2005, 17:38
Its on on Wednesdays Slasher, so you missed it but Wednesdays episode is repeated on Sunday.