Arnie looks so booooooored. I mean just look at his face when he is firing that minigun/machinegun in the car. Hope he didn't catch Bruce Willis "I don't give a fuck anymore" syndrome.
Normally, this'd look like a slightly larger-budgeted direct-to-video bit of junk with a has-been star, but having such an esoteric director's name attached means it could be interesting...
I wouldn't be too worried yet, though. I think Schwarzenegger (and many other 80's icons) remain much bigger stars in Europe, Japan, Russia etc. than they are in today's USA. For example look at The Expendables 2: $85 million domestic box office vs. $215 million international. I could imagine The Last Stand being a success in markets like France.
It's also a relatively "cheap" movie, costing only 30 million to make (IMDb estimation). Of course the advertising budget may add quite a bit to it, but I still think the film will easily break even thanks to the international market alone. And the reviews have been positive, so the US box office might catch (more) fire after a little while when people figure out the film is probably a good one.
I don't understand the mainstream viewing public and they don't understand me. I only hope this is, as Hung suggests, a sizeable hit in other countries. I'm gonna go see it when it opens here next week... also going to see Stallone's Bullet to the Head and Willis' Die Hard 4 (both Feb). It'll be like my entire year's cinema-going in the space of a couple of weeks...lol.