Cheapest place to buy Two Towers: EE (R1) for Xmas?

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Cheapest place to buy Two Towers: EE (R1) for Xmas?

Post by grim_tales »

Yes I know I could use DVD Price Checker :D - but I want to find the cheapest price and also garantee (sp?) the US cover (no French writing ;) ), I think I could get it for £16.99 (£3 off) from CD-WOW with a 10% off link + a £1 voucher, will they have the US cover?
Or is it cheaper anywhere else? :)

[Edited on 23-11-2004 by grim_tales]
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Around £18 delivered from [url=http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=540753]DVD Pacific[/url] - garaunteed US cover (no French).

No customs either cos price is around £15.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I take it you're only interested in the R1?

As for the version on CD WOW I'd imagine it's the US R1 but the best thing to do is ask them:

help@cdwow.com

Oh and use DVD Price Checker :)

p.s - How is £18 around £15?

[Edited on 23-11-2004 by bradavon]
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah I'm only interested in the R1.
If CD-WOW have the guarantted US cover I'll get it from them I think :)
Brad,
Bisc means the price before shipping (it'd be about $5US as they charge for shipping per DVD in the set) is around £15.
I think I may have got the US cover when I ordered FOTR from CD-WOW (that was back when they werent customs friendly) but the sticky thing on the back of the card had a French translation on it as well as English and a Canada "14A" sticker, it didnt look like the Canada version though.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Does anyone with FOTR: EE R1/R2 (maybe the R2 is the same I don't know) know how to get the Two Towers preview on the 2nd disc?
For the R1, Profiler says - "Highlight Chapter 40 - the last Chapter on Disc 2 and press down on your remote" - clearly thats' bollocks - Chapter 40 is not the last chapter, 48 (Fan Club credits) is and I've tried it there too but all it does is get me back to the start of the scene selection menu.
Wierd....
EDIT - done it, you had to highlight Chapter 48, not 40 - then you got the Two Towers (Theatrical Version) preview.
Brad have you seen TTT: EE? (I suspect you have).

[Edited on 23-11-2004 by grim_tales]
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I have both of the EE DVDs Grim so yes. TTT: EE is tops.

I/I've pre-ordered all 3 EE's.

[quote][i]Originally posted by grim_tales[/i]
Bisc means the price before shipping (it'd be about $5US as they charge for shipping per DVD in the set) is around £15.[/quote]
I forgot that sorry.

[quote]I think I may have got the US cover when I ordered FOTR from CD-WOW (that was back when they werent customs friendly) but the sticky thing on the back of the card had a French translation on it as well as English and a Canada "14A" sticker, it didnt look like the Canada version though. [/quote]
E-mail CD WOW and ask, they'll tell you which version they sell. To be safe just ask if it's the Canadian R1 or US R1.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

never ever had a canadian R1 from cdwow , dont think they ever suply canadian versions unlesss its a canadian edition stated and only avialble.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

CD-WOW say - yes, it is the US R1 release. :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Like the man from delmonty then!
Post Reply