Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 07 Aug 2011, 18:27
This looks pretty cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxKSWgrn ... re=related
Remake of "One Armed Swordsman" apparently
Out in China since July 28
luckystars
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1893 Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 08:01
Post
by luckystars » 07 Aug 2011, 18:30
Yeah see bits and bobs bout this...really hoping for a domestic Cinema release.
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 07 Aug 2011, 18:43
If not I'm sure Cine Asia may acquire this or it'll be on HK DVD/BD.
Can't believe Donnie Yen is 50 now
luckystars
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1893 Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 08:01
Post
by luckystars » 07 Aug 2011, 18:44
I guess its early days yet.
Where is Cine Asia's forum meant to be? Somewhere at Bluray.com or something???
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 07 Aug 2011, 20:10
Don't know
I thought Bluray.com was a US site.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 08 Aug 2011, 10:55
grim_tales wrote: Can't believe Donnie Yen is 50 now
Where are his replacements? He's obviously in incredible fitness but he cannot go on forever.
luckystars wrote: Yeah see bits and bobs bout this...really hoping for a domestic Cinema release.
Me too. I've not seen a Chinese (non-drama) movie in the cinema for ages. It does look really good. I've still to see Ip Man, it was on TV last month. I recorded it.
Doesn't Wu Xia mean Chivalrous Hero? I wonder if that will be it's international title.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 08 Aug 2011, 11:08
I really don't know.
Jackie Wu is in "Shaolin" I think?, hard to believe he was in films 15 years ago himself (Tai Chi Boxer).
luckystars
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1893 Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 08:01
Post
by luckystars » 22 Dec 2011, 21:53
Any word on this getting a UK release?
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry
Beat TG
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 257 Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 10:09
Post
by Beat TG » 22 Dec 2011, 22:26
bradavon wrote: Where are his replacements? He's obviously in incredible fitness but he cannot go on forever.
I see the highest potentials in Vincent Zhao (The Blade, True Legend) being the next big star after Donnie retires in front of the camera, followed by Fan Siu-Wong and maybe Xing Yu (if he can pass through the type-casting).
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 28 Dec 2011, 15:17
Fan Siu-wong? How old is he now? Wasnt he in Story of Ricky?
Beat TG
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 257 Joined: 07 Sep 2006, 10:09
Post
by Beat TG » 28 Dec 2011, 22:59
He's 37 this year (born 1974). Though I don't think he's a great actor (decent at best) I'm sure he will mature some day.
Keung
King of Beggars
Posts: 886 Joined: 23 Jan 2005, 01:18
Location: England
Post
by Keung » 28 Dec 2011, 23:23
Give the dude an English name and he'd be a star straight away, guaranteed.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 29 Dec 2011, 14:09
There's some truth to that.
Keung
King of Beggars
Posts: 886 Joined: 23 Jan 2005, 01:18
Location: England
Post
by Keung » 29 Dec 2011, 14:52
You've only got to look at Yuen Biao to know that.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 29 Dec 2011, 17:45
Beat TG wrote: He's 37 this year (born 1974). Though I don't think he's a great actor (decent at best) I'm sure he will mature some day.
38 according to IMDB but that still only makes him about 17/18 in Story of Ricky - didnt know he was so young
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 23 Oct 2012, 19:48
Sorry for bumping this old thread, is this marked for a UK release?
Was thinking of just ordering the HK BD
Edit: It seems its been released in Australia too but the Australian release is longer?
HK release = 114 minutes - AU release = 126 minutes