Yi-Long wrote:Didn't he get it 'wrong' with both Katie Holmes and Gyllenhaal?
I'll give you Holmes but Gyllenhaal! WTF! She does a fine job in Dark Knight.
Yi-Long wrote:Also, I'm still not all that fond of Bale in the role of Bruce Wayne.
You do realise you're pretty much the only person who thinks this? Joaquin Phoenix would've good too but Bale is already very good as it is.
Shingster wrote:Yup, lots of people in this thread have seen many of Hathaway's films it seems! She broke out of her "Miss goody-two shoes Disney queen" image over 5yrs ago people, try to catch up!
i've no problem with Bale as Wayne but like i've said before i'm not impressed with his Batman.his growling voice is just plain wrong and amost sounds like a parody.
Yes, I don't find her attractive in the slightest. Massive eyes and mouth - she looks like a caricature. Shannyn Sossamon on the other hand, in that pic above... MMM YES PLEASE!
bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:... but I don't really think she's right for the role as Catwoman, considering she's so 'soft' and 'sweet' and really pretty 'girly' and skinny and all that.
Heath Ledger was a pretty boy and look what they came up with. Nolan goes for gritty/real and I doubt he'll allow her to look soft. I have faith in Nolan's decision making. He's not got it wrong yet.
Heath Ledger was a great actor long before The Dark Knight.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
IronMonkey wrote:Yes, I don't find her attractive in the slightest.
Rhetorical reply, rhetorical.
IronMonkey wrote:Shannyn Sossamon on the other hand, in that pic above... MMM YES PLEASE!
She's hotter. I've never heard of her though. IMDBing her, I only recognise two movies.
IronMonkey wrote:Heath Ledger was a great actor long before The Dark Knight.
I said pretty boy, which was Yi's point. Ledger was and Hathaway is a good actor.
luckystars wrote:But he's no Mike Keaton
You're right. He's much better. Keaton was good but you never believed it was him under there. Bale muscled up but Keaton looks so slim and then he puts the suit and looks muscley. Er. no.
luckystars wrote:I NEED TO WATCH BATMAN 1989...just one more time
Yeah when I got Batman and Batman Returns on Blu-ray a few months ago I was surprised at how good they actually are, even though I liked them when I was young, it's now that I fully appreciate them even in the company of Nolan's films.
gasteropod wrote:Yeah when I got Batman and Batman Returns on Blu-ray a few months ago I was surprised at how good they actually are, even though I liked them when I was young, it's now that I fully appreciate them even in the company of Nolan's films.
Yeah, that's shockingly bad. But I don't like Nicholson's Joker either. Also there are a few too many stupid bits - some of which I'm not even sure if they're supossed to be funny or not? I recall RETURNS being the better film, though it comes with flaws of its own. No BATMAN film is perfect - or anything close - but Nolan is at least on the right track.
Shingster wrote:Shannon Sossamon is an absolutely stunning girl, a world-class beauty, but she's as skinny as a rake. She'd look like a pepparami in that PVC catsuit.
I agree she's skinny, but so is Catwoman in Year One.
I didn't say she should have gotten the job, but at least face-wise she would make more sense than Hathaway. And it's not like Hathaway really got 'the curves' you'd like to see in a catsuit.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...