The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
Heads up: The Chaser is on BBC4 in an hour orso.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
Cheers, I haven't actually heard of it but it sounds decent, I'll check it out 
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
I haven't seen it yet either, but I've read that it's supposed to be pretty damn good.gasteropod wrote:Cheers, I haven't actually heard of it but it sounds decent, I'll check it out
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
I've been watching a lot of Korean films lately so this will fit in fine lol
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
Wow that was brilliant! I wasn't expecting it to be so satirical, there were so many hilarious scenes showing up how farcical and useless the Korean police system is 'this isn't the time for sweets!', I also liked 'you should have dropped off the shit-thrower!'
but also disturbing ones, the hammer & chisel one in particular, yikes.
The film's style reminded me of Bong Joon-ho, and the films Memories of Murder, PTU, and Oldboy kept popping up in my mind.
Very good film, cheers for alerting me to its existence, Yi
The film's style reminded me of Bong Joon-ho, and the films Memories of Murder, PTU, and Oldboy kept popping up in my mind.
Very good film, cheers for alerting me to its existence, Yi
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
Hung!? HUNG!? You ungrateful bastard!gasteropod wrote:Wow that was brilliant! I wasn't expecting it to be so satirical, there were so many hilarious scenes showing up how farcical and useless the Korean police system is 'this isn't the time for sweets!', I also liked 'you should have dropped off the shit-thrower!'but also disturbing ones, the hammer & chisel one in particular, yikes.
The film's style reminded me of Bong Joon-ho, and the films Memories of Murder, PTU, and Oldboy kept popping up in my mind.
Very good film, cheers for alerting me to its existence, Hung
Anyway, I thought it was pretty dark for a comedy, but very funny nonetheless.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
The funny thing is, I suddenly realised I'd typed the wrong name so came back and changed it before you posted, but it appears you'd already quoted it 
- luckystars
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1893
- Joined: 12 Sep 2005, 09:01
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
I wasn't aware it was a comedy 
Thought it was a brilliant film when I saw it a while back. Not my cup of tea with the horror style elements to the crime, so not one I'd want to own but it definitely deserves a repete viewing. I thought the alti hero lead actor was terrific btw, serious and very goofy/funny at the same time. I'm sure his voice/delivery is even funnier to a native speaker.
Thought it was a brilliant film when I saw it a while back. Not my cup of tea with the horror style elements to the crime, so not one I'd want to own but it definitely deserves a repete viewing. I thought the alti hero lead actor was terrific btw, serious and very goofy/funny at the same time. I'm sure his voice/delivery is even funnier to a native speaker.
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry 


-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
Yeah he was mental lol, I loved how he just kept going crazy and swearing at everyone and threatening them with digging tools 
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
OK, watched this last night.
Good serial killer-chiller, if a bit uneven in tone.
I wanted to be more involved, but the satire and comic acting didn't gel so well alongside the darkness of the plot (at least 12 women butchered) and sheer brutality of the murders that are shown.
Although the filmmakers do get across the frustration of police incompetence and political intereference I think it should've been played out with a more serious touch.
I found the film quite gripping at times (there are a couple of good chase sequences) and the third act had quite the grim punch with some potent violence and a sense of tragedy.
if only the whole film had carried the same weight.
Definately worth a look.
P.S. What happened to the little girl in the alley? We see her follow a young woman into a building... next thing she's lying unconscious in the street. Did I miss something?
Good serial killer-chiller, if a bit uneven in tone.
I wanted to be more involved, but the satire and comic acting didn't gel so well alongside the darkness of the plot (at least 12 women butchered) and sheer brutality of the murders that are shown.
Although the filmmakers do get across the frustration of police incompetence and political intereference I think it should've been played out with a more serious touch.
I found the film quite gripping at times (there are a couple of good chase sequences) and the third act had quite the grim punch with some potent violence and a sense of tragedy.
if only the whole film had carried the same weight.
Definately worth a look.
P.S. What happened to the little girl in the alley? We see her follow a young woman into a building... next thing she's lying unconscious in the street. Did I miss something?
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
I recorded it too, hope to see it soon 
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11928
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
Watched this a few years ago and I just remember the ending was dumb beyond belief.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The Chaser on BBC4 tonight!
Yeah I was the same, I went on IMDb and it's a popular question from people, it's answered here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190539/boa ... /170817156Markgway wrote:P.S. What happened to the little girl in the alley? We see her follow a young woman into a building... next thing she's lying unconscious in the street. Did I miss something?
They could definitely have made that part clearer.
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
