The Hobbit
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
With Guillermo del Toro at the helm I really cannot see this being anything but fantastic.
Chronos, Blade 2 and Pan's Labyrinth are all excellent and I hear The Devil's Backbone, Hellboy are excellent. Mimic is rubbish but even a great director is allowed one cock up.
To say Guillermo del Toro can do fantasy is putting it lightly.
Chronos, Blade 2 and Pan's Labyrinth are all excellent and I hear The Devil's Backbone, Hellboy are excellent. Mimic is rubbish but even a great director is allowed one cock up.
To say Guillermo del Toro can do fantasy is putting it lightly.
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
EvaUnit02
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9150
- Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
- Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
I've seen Blade a few times and every time I enjoy it but come away thinking "something is missing" and "it's overrated". It just doesn't gel together properly for me, like Blade 2 does.
The action is much better in Blade 2 too. Luke "When will I be Famous" Goss plays an excellent villian too. I think we can all agree Blade 3 is a turd though, as if we're supposed to be believe the villain is Dracula himself. What!
Blade 2 is the only one I own on DVD. I own Blade on an Official Thai VCD
. The opening sequence of Blade is excellent though.
The action is much better in Blade 2 too. Luke "When will I be Famous" Goss plays an excellent villian too. I think we can all agree Blade 3 is a turd though, as if we're supposed to be believe the villain is Dracula himself. What!
Blade 2 is the only one I own on DVD. I own Blade on an Official Thai VCD
Last edited by bradavon on 31 May 2010, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Hobbit
Del Toro Won't Direct The Hobbit:
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28016
I'm seriously worried now. Next to Jackson Del Toro was perfect, he may have been even more perfect than Jackson.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28016
I'm seriously worried now. Next to Jackson Del Toro was perfect, he may have been even more perfect than Jackson.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Hobbit
Surprised if Jackson himself would do it. I can't see Sam Raimi directing such a big film. But better Raimi than some guy we've never heard of.
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Hobbit
grim_tales wrote: I can't see Sam Raimi directing such a big film.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Hobbit
Sam Raimi directed Spider-man
. I cannot see Raimi directing it now. It'll be someone new.
Jackson never was going to do it, just produce.
Jackson never was going to do it, just produce.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Hobbit
Just because he directed Spiderman (I know he did) doesnt mean he's the right person for the Hobbit. I just hope its not an unknown.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Hobbit
Of course but you said something else before "I can't see Sam Raimi directing such a big film."grim_tales wrote:Just because he directed Spiderman (I know he did) doesnt mean he's the right person for the Hobbit.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Hobbit
Still hard to believe most expensive film of all time was Spiderman 3 (well so they say). Think how many superb litle films you could make
Rammi just lost the plot with budgets, he should be banned from making expensive films.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Hobbit
Surely Avatar is the most expensive movie ever made these days? 
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Hobbit
Nope Avatar is nowhere near the most expensive accoring to many who made it, not even close. Still they all lie anyway I am sure 
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Hobbit
OMG! Peter Jackson is going to direct the two Hobbit films. Literally the perfect person for the job:
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29220
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29220
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
Re: The Hobbit
Official Production Diary:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV6goqFCN9Y
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqk5c_i7LQU
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV6goqFCN9Y
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqk5c_i7LQU
-
thelostdragon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 7059
- Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
- Location: Basin City
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Hobbit
The Hobbit 2012 Trailer (out a day before my birthday
):
480P: http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/the ... _h480p.mov
720P: http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/the ... _h720p.mov
1080P: http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/the ... h1080p.mov
Check out it's still co-written by Guillermo del Toro.
480P: http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/the ... _h480p.mov
720P: http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/the ... _h720p.mov
1080P: http://trailers.apple.com/movies/wb/the ... h1080p.mov
Check out it's still co-written by Guillermo del Toro.
-
Xenon
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 16:28
Re: The Hobbit
Won't this thing will be filmed by some new cameras with a framerate of 48 frames per second for better 3D or something? =/
