The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:I went to Channel 4/Film 4 recently
For a job?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:
grim_tales wrote:I went to Channel 4/Film 4 recently
For a job?
No, for stalking the celebs and stealing office-supplies.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by grim_tales »

saltysam wrote:
grim_tales wrote: I went to Channel 4/Film 4 recently and also may be doing the singing stuff a bit more (not at Film 4 though).
Where are you going to sing?Clubs?Will you be earning good money doing it?
Maybe clubs or something (eventually), I hope to get paid for it :) I decided to check out something called Rock Choir too.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by grim_tales »

bradavon wrote:
grim_tales wrote:I went to Channel 4/Film 4 recently
For a job?
Not a job exactly, possible work experience. I might get sent a script by email to look at and then report on.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by bradavon »

That would be great work experience.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by saltysam »

Do you get hassle off the social to find a job Grim? My son currently isn't working and they are putting real pressure on him to find something or they will make him go on some form of training scheme.
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by grim_tales »

I think thats what they said to me as well :? But I may be wrong. I feel theres some pressure though.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by Yi-Long »

I'm pretty 'lucky' as far as that is concerned. The stomach-stuff combined with the IQ and tendency for depression, means they have rated me as 100% 'disabled', so I don't have to bother my time with crummy jobs.

The only 'pressure' that is on me, is to 'get better', which I'm obviously trying through all means possible, but no luck yet. Sucks though. No deadlines or anything like that though.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by gasteropod »

I have the worst of both worlds, I work a shitty job I don't like whilst being ill yet undiagnosed and no help or benefits. I'm currently back in testing though with a doctor that is actually trying to help me this time, and my last blood test results indicate it might be my thyroid that's the problem so I've got to have a specific test for that the next morning I can go, my doctor says it might be Hashimoto's Disease and at this point I just want it to be so I can finally get medical help and feel better!
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by Yi-Long »

That sucks indeed. Sorry to hear your problem also still haven't been solved yet. Let's hope the new tests point out the cause of the problem so they can finally try to fix it.

To be honest, with each new doctor's visit, I lose my faith in western medicine more and more. It's just frustrating.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by bradavon »

Sorry to hear that Gas. It seems more of us on here have medical conditions than we realise. Stands to reason I guess.
saltysam wrote:Do you get hassle off the social to find a job Grim? My son currently isn't working and they are putting real pressure on him to find something or they will make him go on some form of training scheme.
No offence but that's good. I didn't at all and found then 100% useless, except for giving me cash. I've found all my jobs, despite being on job seekers twice in my life and both time utterly a waste of time. I guess it varies depending where you are. I could've carried on for longer, if I wanted.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote: No offence but that's good.
It's not actually,not with the issues my son suffers from.
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by bradavon »

Oh fair enough, my mistake, sorry. They are thick as pig shit in Job Seekers, so no doubt are just reading off a sheet of paper.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by Markgway »

The job centre give you a hard time unless you're a junkie. Seriously I've seen junkies walk in and out no questions asked. If you're actually looking for work they hastle you no end. A while back when I was signing on they sent me on a couple of bullshit courses. Wastes of fucking time. You learn nothing and no one wants to be there.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by Yi-Long »

Here in Holland you're pretty much on for a nice ride when you're a junkie or have been to prison or something. When you behavle normal and decent, you have to go on a longggg waitinglist before you have a chance of getting a place on your own or with your girlfriend. I'd be better of smacking someone in the head, do 6 months of jailtime, and getting moved to the front of the queue (what the hell kinda spelling is that btw!?), cause when you cause trouble, they want to make sure you settle and be happy as fast as possible so the chances of you behaving like an idiot will slim...(!)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by bradavon »

Are you calling me a junkie now too Mark? :D.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:Are you calling me a junkie now too Mark? :D.
Spunk Junkie :lol:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:Are you calling me a junkie now too Mark? :D.
Maybe they recognised a fellow (liberal) traveller? :D
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by saltysam »

Did anything come of this job Grim?
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by grim_tales »

Not that one, but had a work taster (work experience) in 2010 and there may be more to come in 2011.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by bradavon »

How long did it last?
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by grim_tales »

It didnt actually I'm afraid (thats why I said "kind of"), I went to a sort of meeting/interview and decided it wasnt for me.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by bradavon »

I meant the work experience? You cannot afford to be too fussy Grim. There are less jobs out there, than there were 2-3 years ago.
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 16:39

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by Godzooki »

bradavon wrote: There are less jobs out there, than there were 2-3 years ago.
O RLY?
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Grimster may have landed a job.. (kind of?!)

Post by grim_tales »

bradavon wrote:I meant the work experience? You cannot afford to be too fussy Grim. There are less jobs out there, than there were 2-3 years ago.
Oh, that, I thought you meant something else. :oops: The work experience went fine and lasted 4 days. Hopefully I'll get some more soon.
Post Reply