2010 personal movie statistics

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

2010 personal movie statistics

Post by HungFist »

Total movies seen in 2009
- 217

Movies seen in theatre
-7

Movies seen on festivals
- 12

Movies by country
- Japan: 150
- USA: 30
- HK: 12
- Italy: 7
- South Korea: 4
- Others: 14

Movies by month / ratings
Image

Brilliant movies (4.5-5)
Love Exposure
United Red Army
Yatterman
No One's Ark (r)*
Realims no yado (r)*
Noriko's Dinner Table
Red Peony Gambler 8
Great Silence, The (Il grande silenzio)
+ Sukeban Deka II: Legend of the Iron Mask (TV) (not in the statistics)
+ Sukeban Deka III: Romance of the Ninja Girls (TV) (not in the statistics)
*(r) = re-watch

Bad movies (1-1.5)
LoveDeath (2006)
Memories of Matsuko
Terminator Salvation
City of Violence, The (2006)
Crows Zero
Woman with Red Hair, The
Initial D
Black Rose Ascension
Ju-on (2003)
Ju-on 2 (2003)
Ring 0
Godzilla vs Hedorah
Asia Strikes Back: Remix Live Version
Burst City
Daydream 2
Turkish Star Wars
Chinese Torture Chamber Story, A
Lady Chatterley in Tokyo
Sukeban Deka: Dirty Mary
Tony Manero
Joi niku dorei
Sex Maid: Osoji no ato de
Fascination: Portrait of a Lady
Catholic Nun's Rope Hell
Wakatsuma ga nureru toki
Subway Serial Rape: Uniform Hunting
Oryu's Passion
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Favourite movie discoveries
- Yubisaki kara sekai wo
- Fatal Vacation
- Doki-Doki

DVD stats

Amount of DVDs purchased
- I don't keep track, I don't like heart attacks

Amount of DVDs sold
- 40

Unwatched dvds
- 85

Most exciting purchases
- Sukeban Deka Season 2&3 (R2J)
- Sogo Ishii: Psychedelic Years (R2J) (7 Disc)

DVD purchase screw up
I didn’t really screw up this year.

DVD debut awards
- Colt is My Passport, A (Criterion)
- Wandering Ginza Butterfly (Synapse)
- Sukeban 5-7 (Toei)

Coolest DVD release awards
- Beautiful Girl Hunter (Discotek)

Other stats

What did I do this year
- High School Action!!! (Sukeban Deka II & III, Shoujo Commando Izumi, Rebellion League, Hana no Asuka…)
- A little bit more Italian genre cinema (Fulci etc.)

2010 looking forward to seeing (2009 & 2010 films)
- High Kick Girl
- Hell Driver
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Re: 2009 personal movie statistics

Post by thelostdragon »

I'd say something is wrong with you if I wasn't as fanatic myself when I was younger. However, it was mostly HK films. Even if I did fancy Japanese films over any other country back in the days, my budget wouldn't have allowed it for me to get so many JP DVDs.

If you're interested in my favourite Japanese film I have watched this year I'd have to say "Takeshis'" and "Princess Mononoke". And the latter one I have seen like the 12th time.
Coming to think of it, I have only seen these two Japanese films in 2009.
Last edited by thelostdragon on 02 Jan 2010, 23:03, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: 2009 personal movie statistics

Post by Markgway »

**Geek alert**
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: 2009 personal movie statistics

Post by grim_tales »

I was mostly into HK films when I was younger too as they were something new and exciting. Now I still want to watch loads of films and never get round to it :D
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Re: 2010 personal movie statistics

Post by HungFist »

Total movies seen in 2010
- too many, although the monthly number varies wildly between 4 and 34

Movies seen in theater
- 14 (the number is bigger than usual because some of those are a) in JP theaters, and b) classic films (Tokyo Fist, Dawn of the Dead etc.)

Movies seen on festivals
- 25

Brilliant movies (4.5-5) (seen for the first time)
August in the Water
Hard Revenge Milly: Bloody Battle
Hokuriku Proxy War
District 9
Black Angel Vol. 2
Lost Chapter of Snow: Passion

Bad movies (1-1.5) (seen for the first time)
New True Story of a Woman Condemned to Hell
Female Ninja Magic: 100 Trampled Flowers
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Zombie Hunter Rika
Hana yori mo naho
West Side Story
After Life
Woman on the Night Train
Hypertrophy Genitals Girl
Perfect Education 3
Sweatshop
Perfect Education 4
Crazy Lips
Gallants
Super Gore Girl
Girls Rebel Force of Competitive Swimmers, The
Shin onna tachiguishi retsuden
Maboroshi no hikari
964 Pinocchio
Noisy Requiem
Night of the Felines
Perfect Education 6
Baumkuchen

Favourite movie discoveries
August in the Water
Revolver (Sollima)
Anatomia Extinction
Lolita Vibrator Torture
Exodus & Dream Home

DVD stats

Amount of DVDs purchased
- I don't keep track, I don't like heart attacks

Unwatched dvds
- 99

Most exciting purchases
Love & Pop SR Ban (R2J) (ok, the previous edition already has most of the content, but still. This is so awesome)

DVD purchase screw up
Meatball Machine R2J. Had a chance to pick this (R2J) up used in store, but instead ended up ordering the R1… only to discover it’s missing essential extras, and then order the R2J at full price… only to discover the additional R2J extras are worthless. D’oh.

DVD debut awards
Fukasaku’s car chase classic Violent Panic: The Big Crash (Toei)
Teruo Ishii’s biker gang films, the Detonation series (Toei)

Coolest DVD release awards
Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl (R2J) (Why: great film, great spin off film, awesome soundtrack CD etc.)

Other stats

What did I do this year
- Spent more time banging Japanese girls instead of watching Japanese gets banged on screen. Thumbs up for me :thumbs: :D
- Nothing too remarkable. Perhaps closer inspection of JP pop culture in movies would have been a vague theme.

2010 looking forward to seeing (2009 & 2010 films)
- Hell Driver
- Cold Fish
- Caterpillar
- Live Tape
- Good Morning to the World
- Biutiful