Opera v10

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Post Reply
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Opera v10

Post by EvaUnit02 »

It's a few days old, but since there hasn't been a thread on it, here's one.

http://www.opera.com/download
http://download.cnet.com/Opera/3000-235 ... 05498.html

I haven't kept up to date with the changes since I barely used the browser in the first place and have since gone back to using IE8 as my back up (the IE Tab extension for Firefox is awesome, much better than IE View). So consult the changelog.

Anyway, obligation link to Fanboy's filter list that's optimised for Opera, a solution that's as comprehensive as Adblock Plus + EasyList for Firefox.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: Opera v10

Post by bradavon »

I use IE View as it opens IE instead of a window inside Firefox, which I find slower. IE View Lite is also very small and considering how often I used it, that's better.

I've not used Opera for several years and despite being very good, the fact it doesn't support Extensions will mean it's never as good for me.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Re: Opera v10

Post by Lourdes »

Opera is so much quicker/smoother than Firefox, I just hated that it didn't save form history and you had to use the stupid wand for logins and such. Could have tried living without extensions.

I must give Chrome a real try sometime.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: Opera v10

Post by bradavon »

Chrome is certainly fast but it's also very basic, losing out on a massive amount of useful features from Firefox and Opers. It's better than IE is all I can really say good about it.

I cannot believe Opera cannot save form history. I wonder if v10 can? I find Firefox fast except when loading it, which you don't do often per day.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: Opera v10

Post by bradavon »

I was considering trying Opera 11 earlier (Chrome's speed but Firefox's customisation) but a look at https://addons.opera.com/ shows a grand total of 461 extensions. Is that it? Only 4 of my extensions are supported.

I cannot see this rising much, developers are already working on Firefox and Chrome extensions. Opera only has 1% market share too, which after 16 years is pathetic. Given how low Opera's market share is, they should've added extensions years ago (finally added in the latest v11).

Xmarks hasn't even bothered with an extension, despite supporting Firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari.
Post Reply