Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by Yi-Long »

...why? Who is responsible for this tragedy, and how will we kill that person!?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

It was Grim, I'm sure of it :twisted:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

That bastard! Again!!! He's DEAD!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

You talking about your BnB images? Mine seem to be working fine, maybe it was just a temporary problem.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Mine don't work. NONE of them. I checked all the images I uploaded (here on BNB), and they're all just red crosses.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

Bizarre, maybe some form of glitch? Have you tried uploading a new image?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Shingster wrote:Bizarre, maybe some form of glitch? Have you tried uploading a new image?
I'll try that. That bastard Grim better apologize though :evil:
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Image

Picture of the new Crocs I bought in Hong Kong...

edit: seems to work... so why do all the old pictures not work anymore!? Did someone delete the BNB database of old pictures or something!?!?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Same for me. Old pictures are gone.
Image
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Someone is out to get us.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

Maybe the forum images have been pruned, my old pictures all work ok, but there aren't many of them and they're not that old really (6months max).
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Well... it's a crime, officer Shing, so you better find out who/what is responsible, and kill him/her/it!
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore... (FIXED)

Post by Lourdes »

Haha, I was hoping nobody would notice this so soon, post some url's in the announcement topic and I'll sort it, everything is safe.
What happened was I was testing the transfer/conversion on the old host - backing up first - and due to space constraints I couldn't actually restore the backup as there wasn't enough room for backup file + contents. Well I could have sorted something but it was a hassle and the new host has tons of room so it's easier.

Update: Resolved.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by Yi-Long »

Thanks for resolving it man :)

Obviously, it still lasted about a week so we will still hunt you down and kick your ass for the inconvenience caused, but it's the thought that counts :P
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by gasteropod »

Lourdes, you're not fooling anyone, we all know Grim got you to cover for him!! :twisted:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by Yi-Long »

Wait, we haven't stoned and burned Grim yet!?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by Markgway »

I have Grim... and I'm demanding a ransom of 26p or he gets it!
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by Markgway »

IDIOT ALERT>>

Where do I access my Bullets images?

I can't seem to find a clickable option.

:?
Image
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by Lourdes »

https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/upload/
The previous upload system was sort of hacked on so I couldn't transition it.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:I have Grim... and I'm demanding a ransom of 26p or he gets it!
I only had 1p when I woke up, and obviously I deposited that.... :?

Not sure what you are planning on giving to Grim, but I'm sure he'll enjoy it if you hum the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles showtune while giving it to him...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by Markgway »

Lourdes wrote:https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/upload/
The previous upload system was sort of hacked on so I couldn't transition it.
Ah, so how do I save new images? Or do I have to import them from an outside source now?
Image
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by Lourdes »

Markgway wrote:
Lourdes wrote:https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/upload/
The previous upload system was sort of hacked on so I couldn't transition it.
Ah, so how do I save new images? Or do I have to import them from an outside source now?
Upload them elsewhere, the previous upload system was taken down a long, long time ago anyway, no? But I'll add attachments here very soon.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1994
Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by Lourdes »

And by very soon I mean just now.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by bradavon »

I use Image Shack as you need no account but it can be slow and they tend to remove images too quickly, so only use it for stuff you don't mind losing. For captures many use Photo Bucket.
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...

Post by HungFist »

For me it really sucks that the old image system was taken down. I post a lot of reviews with screencaps, but photobucket and the likes don't allow any "objectionable" content. I don't want to use some shitty image hosting service that will remove pictures after 180 days or if they haven't been accesses 10+ times every month.

Will the attachments work even if not attached to any post. I mean I would upload pictures and then link to them rather than attach. Like this

Image

My profile currently says I have no attachments, despite the image above.