Good one.Markgway wrote:They could do ABT4.
Chow Yun-Fat, Ti Lung, and Dean Shek are still going... the latter two are getting on a bit though.
They could set it in an old folks home.
Think of the carnage!!!
Fortune Star - A Better Tomorrow Trilogy - WTF???
-
Ray_Rogers
- Little White Dragon
- Posts: 96
- Joined: 22 Jul 2006, 04:30
- Location: Watsonville, California
I'm back AGAIN.
Film grain is a good thing dammit! Say NO to DNR/EE!
Film grain is a good thing dammit! Say NO to DNR/EE!
-
chenlung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 901
- Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
- Location: Scotland
http://caps-a-holic.com/vergleich.php?vergleichID=507grim_tales wrote:Was there an HKL DVD of ABT 2? Whats that like?
I rented it - not bad
Scott
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22165
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
chenlung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 901
- Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
- Location: Scotland
-
chenlung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 901
- Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
- Location: Scotland
-
chenlung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 901
- Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
- Location: Scotland
-
Ray_Rogers
- Little White Dragon
- Posts: 96
- Joined: 22 Jul 2006, 04:30
- Location: Watsonville, California
Are you talking about the Anchor Bay release? That was only a single layer DVD and I sold it right as soon as I got the IVL/Fortune Star set of John Woo's Hero Collection. Now since I officially own the Joy Sales/Fortune Star release of the Trilogy, I have a double of I. Finally glad to own a set of the Trilogy which looks great, retains the film grain and has original theatrical audio. Only one let-down. The set isn't in a sturdy cardboard case IVL/Fortune Star had with their sets. It's just a slipcover.chenlung wrote:IVL: Progressive and mono.
Spectrum: Slightly more image at the sides and it's sharper.
I'd go for IVL, but it's a bit annoying.
Elsewhere, HKL has re-translated subtitles, whilst perhaps the US DVD may have better quality audio?
There's no perfect DVD.
Would "sharper" mean more DNR/EE? That's actually a detractor.
I'm back AGAIN.
Film grain is a good thing dammit! Say NO to DNR/EE!
Film grain is a good thing dammit! Say NO to DNR/EE!
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Are you talking about the first film, Ray? I had the Hero Collection but I sold it as soon as I got the Anchor Bay release. IVL's frame freezing was intolerable.Ray_Rogers wrote:Are you talking about the Anchor Bay release? That was only a single layer DVD and I sold it right as soon as I got the IVL/Fortune Star set of John Woo's Hero Collection. Now since I officially own the Joy Sales/Fortune Star release of the Trilogy, I have a double of I. Finally glad to own a set of the Trilogy which looks great, retains the film grain and has original theatrical audio. Only one let-down. The set isn't in a sturdy cardboard case IVL/Fortune Star had with their sets. It's just a slipcover.chenlung wrote:IVL: Progressive and mono.
Spectrum: Slightly more image at the sides and it's sharper.
I'd go for IVL, but it's a bit annoying.
Elsewhere, HKL has re-translated subtitles, whilst perhaps the US DVD may have better quality audio?
There's no perfect DVD.
Would "sharper" mean more DNR/EE? That's actually a detractor.
-
chenlung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 901
- Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
- Location: Scotland
Yes, sorry. Despite being single layer, it may have better-handled audio (Fortune Star are said to over-filter their audio). I wonder what the subtitles on it are like.Are you talking about the Anchor Bay release?
No, I think it's higher bitrate. Have a look at the comparison.Would "sharper" mean more DNR/EE? That's actually a detractor.
Scott
-
Ray_Rogers
- Little White Dragon
- Posts: 96
- Joined: 22 Jul 2006, 04:30
- Location: Watsonville, California
Yeah I think I am talking about the first film.HungFist wrote:Are you talking about the first film, Ray? I had the Hero Collection but I sold it as soon as I got the Anchor Bay release. IVL's frame freezing was intolerable.Ray_Rogers wrote:Are you talking about the Anchor Bay release? That was only a single layer DVD and I sold it right as soon as I got the IVL/Fortune Star set of John Woo's Hero Collection. Now since I officially own the Joy Sales/Fortune Star release of the Trilogy, I have a double of I. Finally glad to own a set of the Trilogy which looks great, retains the film grain and has original theatrical audio. Only one let-down. The set isn't in a sturdy cardboard case IVL/Fortune Star had with their sets. It's just a slipcover.chenlung wrote:IVL: Progressive and mono.
Spectrum: Slightly more image at the sides and it's sharper.
I'd go for IVL, but it's a bit annoying.
Elsewhere, HKL has re-translated subtitles, whilst perhaps the US DVD may have better quality audio?
There's no perfect DVD.
Would "sharper" mean more DNR/EE? That's actually a detractor.
I don't remember what the subtitles were like. I've seen image comparisons on caps-a-holic.com and alot of the times bitrate means not alot if you're also including how the encode looks, whether or not the image is progressive and alot of other factors.chenlung wrote:Yes, sorry. Despite being single layer, it may have better-handled audio (Fortune Star are said to over-filter their audio). I wonder what the subtitles on it are like.Are you talking about the Anchor Bay release?
No, I think it's higher bitrate. Have a look at the comparison.Would "sharper" mean more DNR/EE? That's actually a detractor.
Hopefully when the Trilogy's released onto Blu-ray, it'll utilise a BD-50, high bitrate using either AVC or VC1 codec with no DNR/EE, fully lossless original theatrical audio and some great extras for each entry. Of course fully retranslated subs would be nice.
I'd only buy the HKL release of I & II for the extras.
I'm back AGAIN.
Film grain is a good thing dammit! Say NO to DNR/EE!
Film grain is a good thing dammit! Say NO to DNR/EE!