Asian Movies in HD!
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
- Clueless_Monkey
- Jade Tiger
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 21:34
- Contact:
Looks like Police Story and Once Upon A Time in China will be coming to Blu-ray Disc in June as well! :headbang:
http://blog.affenheimtheater.de/en/2009 ... -ray-disc/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 2a2dae08e3The Blu-ray Disc deal will also include Jackie Chan’s “Police Story” parts one through three, and Tsui Hark’s Jet Li starrer “Once Upon a Time in China” parts one through three. The titles are all slated for June release.
http://blog.affenheimtheater.de/en/2009 ... -ray-disc/
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
How do you know for sure? I'm sure you're right but just because it's BD that doesn't mean it "has" to be seamless. DVD is just as capable as seamless branching as BD is, it doesn't mean we've been given integrated branching at times.
As it stands I suspect we'll be getting the theatrical or director's cut, not both.
As it stands I suspect we'll be getting the theatrical or director's cut, not both.
- Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11925
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
Ran from Optimum
http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/showthr ... post720239
http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/showthr ... post720239
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Really? I've not read of DVD compatibility problems for years. I still say they're more likely to give us multiple discs than branching though.Shingster wrote:Err, no it isn't! Seamless branching on DVD was always a pain in the arse to produce and implement, and had compatability problems on DVD, on Blu-ray it is MUCH better done.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
Great, thanks. There are also many other fantastic films coming too. For me:HungFist wrote:Ran from Optimum
http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/showthr ... post720239
Nikita
Leon - If it's much better than the German BD I already own
The Elephant Man
I already own La Haine and The Pianist on HD-DVD.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27
Amazon have Shaolin Soccer up with a 112 minute running time
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shaolin-Soccer- ... 998&sr=1-5
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shaolin-Soccer- ... 998&sr=1-5
- Clueless_Monkey
- Jade Tiger
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 21:34
- Contact:
Joy Sales will release The Shinjuku Incident starring Jackie Chan on July 9, 2009.
http://www.asianblurayguide.com/detail/ ... ong_china/
Trailer: http://shinjukuincident.emp.hk/en_main.html
http://www.asianblurayguide.com/detail/ ... ong_china/
Trailer: http://shinjukuincident.emp.hk/en_main.html
- Clueless_Monkey
- Jade Tiger
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 21:34
- Contact:
Miramax will release Hero, Legend of Drunken Master, Zatoichi and Iron Monkey on BD in September!
http://blog.affenheimtheater.de/en/2009 ... -ray-disc/

http://blog.affenheimtheater.de/en/2009 ... -ray-disc/

-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
- Clueless_Monkey
- Jade Tiger
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 10 Apr 2008, 21:34
- Contact:
According to the cover art on the box it should be Drunken Master 2: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111512/gasteropod wrote:I'm interested in Iron Monkey, but I already own the UK BD of Zatoichi. Is 'Legend of Drunken Master' Drunken Master II? I presume it'll be the cut version.
Are those your websites in your signature? I only discovered them about a week ago and think they're excellent!
I'm gonna wait for reviews before I order these titles, you just can't trust Miramax with stuff like this
Yes, they're both my sites. Glad you like them