The Muppet Show Complete Season 1

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

The Muppet Show Complete Season 1

Post by grim_tales »

I've read this is to be released in November. :D

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=ti ... g=72&pa=sr

I'm sorta curious about this - Jim Henson was a genius IMO and I've loved his Muppet/Sesame Street work as I was growing up :D But is this to expensive to buy for nostalgia purposes? :? Hmmm.. not sure.

Also it looks to be the same (feature wise) as the R1 which is out now.
However, as Imports Forum would say the R1 has collectable "fuzzy" packaging so looks nicer on the shelf, but IMO I dont want to pay much more money for a collectable packaging... :? :D

:wink:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

i have the region 1 sitting here my copy doesn't have fuzzy packaging.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Maybe only selected copies do.. where did you get it from? :?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

dvd pacific
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I'm sure Amazon mentioned fuzzy packaging.
Do you reccomend the set then? How much was it? :)
Its' £20.49 on CD-WOW.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

only watched a couple of episodes so far it looks a decent set has the original pilot ,gag reel etc. plus 24 episodes so it's good value for £20 imo. :lol:
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

That certainly sounds better than the Best Of DVDs where you only get 3 episodes :lol:
That said I cant find the best ofs anywhere? :? I used to have Vol 1 and 2 on VHS but got rid.