Most were, but later releases, such as DMII, Iron Monkey, Project A2, and Dragon Lord had actual anamorphic releases.bradavon wrote:Aren't all the Dimension releases non-anamorphic?
The Official "Dragon Dynasty" Thread!
-
Old Pang Yau
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 234
- Joined: 24 Mar 2007, 04:02
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
DangerousLeeHandsome
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 02:27
- Location: California, US
-
chenlung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 901
- Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
- Location: Scotland
I think I've seen Michelle's image elsewhere before.DangerousLeeHandsome wrote:Oh god, the black t-shirt! Isn't that the exact same image on the old Dimension Supercop DVD? Oh well, atleast Michelle's on the cover with him. She's the real reason to watch Supercop.
And no, the previous Dimension image isn't the same as here.
Scott
-
RickyTheDragonSteamboat
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 07 Dec 2006, 23:54
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22166
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
chenlung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 901
- Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
- Location: Scotland
I doubt it, think that was just cloud talk unless something changed recently with the Fox rights as DD didn't have them before.saltysam wrote:Someone on Kung Fu Cinema mentioned there are strong rumours That DD have the Bruce Lee movies and are planning Blu-Ray releases for them in 2009. Hope that's true
They'd have to be something severely different for me to buy and not half-arsedness again (interviews with "people that knew him best" and incorrect languages with subpar subtitles).
Scott
-
DangerousLeeHandsome
- Flirting Scholar
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 02:27
- Location: California, US
-
chenlung
- King of Beggars
- Posts: 901
- Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 22:45
- Location: Scotland
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
RickyTheDragonSteamboat
- Pedicab Driver
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 07 Dec 2006, 23:54
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Did you watch it with mono or 5.1? Did you notice?grim_tales wrote:I have the FOX "Boss" and didnt notice this (but then I don't notice much)
I'm decently satisfied with the HKL Platimum Edition. It's in cantonese of course, but the track is fully in sync and sounds good to my ears. Any other glitches (correct music cues etc.) I wouldn't be able to point out as I'm hardly an expert when it comes to these films.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Me too. It also looks fantastic too. The Fortune Star DVDs are overrated. Sure HKL used them as a basis (and added pink) but HKL also clearly did a lot more to them too. For that reason I can put up with the pink.
The Fortune Star (Fox in my case) don't look anywhere as good as the work HKL did on them (TBB and FOF in this case). I just wish they'd re-release/fix WOTD but that's never going to happen now
.
The Fortune Star (Fox in my case) don't look anywhere as good as the work HKL did on them (TBB and FOF in this case). I just wish they'd re-release/fix WOTD but that's never going to happen now
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22166
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
-
Killer Meteor
- Hail the Judge!
- Posts: 2380
- Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
FOF HKL has bad colour "enhancements" for surebradavon wrote:Are you sure? TBB and FOF look loads different. They may have added edge enhancement though. I've not watched them for ages, before I was better at spotting it.Ivan Drago wrote:All HKL did is stick a ton of edge enhancement on them. Some look pretty weak
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
