The Simpsons Season 6 (R1) - August 16, 2005

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

The Simpsons Season 6 (R1) - August 16, 2005

Post by grim_tales »

Taken from DVD Answers.com:

Title: The Simpsons
Starring: N/A (Animation)
Released: 16th August 2005
SRP: $49.98

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has revealed early details on the sixth season of The Simpsons, which will be arriving in shops this August. Each of the season six episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English Dolby Digital 5.1, and French Dolby Surround tracks. English and Spanish subtitles will also be included. I'm afraid Fox has yet to reveal details on the extra material for this one, but we'll bring you word as soon as we get it. The set will be available to own from the 16th August, and should retail at around $49.98. Stay tuned for further details, as well as the official region one package artwork.

Here's the episode title listing:
- Bart of Darkness (9/4/94)
- Lisa's Rival (9/11/94)
- Another Simpsons Clip Show (9/25/94) - This is the Romance one, I'm sure.
- Itchy & Scratchy Land (10/2/94)
- Sideshow Bob Roberts (10/9/94)
- Treehouse of Horror V (10/30/94)
- Bart's Girlfriend (11/6/94)
- Lisa on Ice (11/13/94)
- Homer: Bad Man (11/27/94)
- Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy (12/4/94)
- Fear of Flying (12/18/94)
- Homer the Great (1/8/95)
- And Maggie Makes Three (1/22/95)
- Bart's Comet (2/5/95)
- Homie the Clown (2/12/95) - This one is brilliant. :D
- Bart vs. Australia (2/19/95)
- Homer vs. Patty and Selma (2/26/95)
- Star Is Burns, A (3/5/95)
- Lisa's Wedding (3/19/95)
- Two Dozen and One Greyhounds (4/9/95)
- PTA Disbands, The (4/16/95)
- 'Round Springfield (4/30/95)
- Springfield Connection, The (5/7/95) - Is this the "Area Code" one with The Who? :?
- Lemon of Troy (5/14/95)
- Who Shot Mr. Burns? (1) (5/21/95)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

This was around where Simpsons hit it's peak. The series dramatically falls in quality after Phil Hartman's death.
Last edited by EvaUnit02 on 12 May 2005, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Phil Hartman. I love his Lionel Hutz parts.
IMO S4-8 (and perhaps 9) are the Golden Age of The Simpsons.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

got this today,it has the shittiest packaging ever seen and totally out of line with 1-5.there's an offer inside for people to phone and request the old style packaging biut i strongly suspect that'll only stand in usa or canada.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah, I think its for US/Canada residents only.
I havent got this yet (ordered S5 though) - not sure how the head will fit on my shelf... :?
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Anyone got this set yet?
I'm kinda dubious about ordering it yet as it would be prone to damage if I order from Pacific or something? :? (I have heard from quite a few people the packaging is pretty bad, hard to open and damages easily).
:?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:Anyone got this set yet?
I'm kinda dubious about ordering it yet as it would be prone to damage if I order from Pacific or something? :? (I have heard from quite a few people the packaging is pretty bad, hard to open and damages easily).
:?
read post #4 :shock:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Guess I'll just have to order it and hope it wont be damaged then.... :?